Re: More fun with Speech Recognition (at least for me) :)

Wes Groleau

Mark Conrad wrote:
> I will admit that I probably contributed to the one
> error by slapping in a different microphone, without
> creating a new "user profile" for the microphone.

No question that's the cause.

It couldn't _possibly_ have any connection
with the TV playing loudly across the room.

Don't let anyone, not even Nuance, tell you otherwise.

--
Wes Groleau

Film Review: The Blue Butterfly
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/russell?itemid=1565

Wes Groleau

Mark Conrad wrote:
> His voice therefore overwhelms the background loud
> blaring of the TV, despite how loud the TV appears
> to sound.

Except every time you pause to breathe.

--
Wes Groleau

New numbers for next year
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=1495

Wes Groleau

Mark Conrad wrote:
> My bad. I forgot to mention that all the common
> modern speech apps have a "manual" setting which
> overrides Automatic Volume Control. (AVR)

I suppose you apply the common argumentative technique
of defining "modern" as "the set of speech apps which
have a manual setting."

--
Wes Groleau

Homework Again
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/russell?itemid=1577

Wes Groleau

Mark Conrad wrote:

,,, that MacSpeech is modern while ViaVoice is not.

then he described how bad MacSpeech is.

Thanks, I'll stick with the not-modern. It's apparently better.

--
Wes Groleau

Learning to see the forest instead of the trees.
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW?itemid=75

Davoud

Wes Groleau paraphrased Mark Conrad:

> Mark Conrad wrote:
>
> ,,, that MacSpeech is modern while ViaVoice is not.
>
> then he described how bad MacSpeech is.

And then Wes Groleau added:

> Thanks, I'll stick with the not-modern. It's apparently better.

I haven't seen Mr. Conrad's posts directly for years :-) but I often
see them second-hand. It would appear that he has become pathologically
obsessed with MacSpeech.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm