Re: MV43 v3.1 MOBO

Clark

The CPU fan needs to be connected to the correct connector. Many
motherboards monitor that fan and some will not even start if it is not
plugged in to the correct connector. Do you know why the plug does not
work? If the CPU doesn't think it is being cooled, it might be
throttled to a lower speed.

If it isn't that, is the processor a 2.4 C that has an 800MHz FSB? If
it is and you are running it in a 533 FSB motherboard, it won't run full
speed. Have you checked to make sure both the memory and CPU are
correct for that motherboard?

Is this a new motherboard?

Clark

AaCcEe wrote:
> I have a MV43 v3.1 MOBO and it has a p4 2.4 CPU and 512 DDR 333 T
>
> The computer Starts great runs smooth.
> Heres the problem. It reads the CPU and runs it at 1.8 ghz. also the
> ram is only showing 224mb..plus the CPU fan is no longer working on
> the MOBO so I plugged it into the adapter for my frontpanel fan.
>
> I have tried getting BIOS updates but nothing works i keep getting the
> Error 2 - File does not exist and also I swapped the BIOS battery out
> and still no work. the battery wasnt new but it came from my other PC
> that works great.
>
> PLEASE HELP.
>
> Thanks.

AaCcEe

"" wrote:
> The CPU fan needs to be connected to the correct connector.
> Many
> motherboards monitor that fan and some will not even start if
> it is not
> plugged in to the correct connector. Do you know why the plug
> does not
> work? If the CPU doesn't think it is being cooled, it might
> be
> throttled to a lower speed.
>
> If it isn't that, is the processor a 2.4 C that has an 800MHz
> FSB? If
> it is and you are running it in a 533 FSB motherboard, it
> won't run full
> speed. Have you checked to make sure both the memory and CPU
> are
> correct for that motherboard?
>
> Is this a new motherboard?
>
> Clark
>
> AaCcEe wrote:
> > I have a MV43 v3.1 MOBO and it has a p4 2.4 CPU and 512 DDR

> 333 T
> >
> > The computer Starts great runs smooth.
> > Heres the problem. It reads the CPU and runs it at 1.8 ghz.

> also the
> > ram is only showing 224mb..plus the CPU fan is no longer

> working on
> > the MOBO so I plugged it into the adapter for my frontpanel

> fan.
> >
> > I have tried getting BIOS updates but nothing works i keep

> getting the
> > Error 2 - File does not exist and also I swapped the BIOS

> battery out
> > and still no work. the battery wasnt new but it came from my

> other PC
> > that works great.
> >
> > PLEASE HELP.
> >
> > Thanks.

Itís a P4 2.4 533 FSB
the ram is 2 256 DDR PC2700 333
MOBO - has no 12 volt power connector - MV43 v3.1
Iím starting to think this MOBO isnt the right one. so im going to try
and fix the fan issue and drop a P4 1.6 in it and see what happens

but can someone please tell me what BIOS update i need cause
i canít find anything on the MV43 v3.1 besides it AMI and the current
version is MV43S004. the updates i tried always give me Error 2 - File
does not exist.

thanks

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Shuttl...pict62749.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=316027

MV43 v3.1 wont find primary master hdd Len Shuttle 1 07-03-2007 12:25 AM
Re: MV43 v3.1 MOBO nf_able Shuttle 0 11-28-2005 11:34 PM
Abit mobo died - can raid be moved to asus mobo? Tookeey Asus 1 11-28-2005 08:17 PM
moving nvram from u10 mobo to u5 mobo Luis Fernandes Sun Hardware 0 11-19-2003 06:31 PM
SilentTek 2 not available on any mobo? And what is the "best" mobo? Verbruggen AOpen 2 09-06-2003 02:35 PM