Re: My first digitizer pen Tablet

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> better Pens <<

There are some for the wacom and many for touch screen including a
number of multipoint pens which include a touch screen stylus.

>> and how often and why do you change the tip? <<

not often if you have a light touch and keep the tip absolutely clean...
I have several styli which I have used for years but I often see users
who think they have to press hard who will not only need a stylus, but a
new screen cover in short order ;-/

Every couple of years, I'll get a piece of grit on the tip which I
normally feel immediately the first time I touch the screen. You can
remove and clean, but the scratch it leaves will be there forever.

Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

diane

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> better Pens <<

> There are some for the wacom and many for touch screen including a number
> of multipoint pens which include a touch screen stylus.
>
> >> and how often and why do you change the tip? <<

> not often if you have a light touch and keep the tip absolutely clean... I
> have several styli which I have used for years but I often see users who
> think they have to press hard who will not only need a stylus, but a new
> screen cover in short order ;-/
>
> Every couple of years, I'll get a piece of grit on the tip which I
> normally feel immediately the first time I touch the screen. You can
> remove and clean, but the scratch it leaves will be there forever.
>
> Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

the reason I asked is because my HP laptop pen came with replacement tips
and
some sort of tool to replace them. I have a feeling I will lose them before
I need
to replace them ..

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> I have a feeling I will lose them before I need to replace them .. <<

understandable... if you keep a light touch, wouldn't worry about it.

Can't remember... will your device respond to a finger or inactive (pda)
stylus?

Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

John

On 1/14/2009 10:12:43 AM, "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:
> >> I have a feeling I will lose them before I need to replace them .. <<

> understandable... if you keep a light touch, wouldn't worry about it.
>
> Can't remember... will your device respond to a finger or inactive (pda)
> stylus?
>
> Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

Along those same lines, i've been using tablets since their inception, and
every tablet I've had (five so far) I never changed the tips on. And since I
use my computer for both work and personal, I'm on them almost constantly all
the working day and a good portion of the night. So I got a ton of use and
never needed to swap out a tip yet.

--
John