Re: My New Tablet

StephenB

Go to Control Panel, Tablet PC Settings, Other tab, click the link for "Go to
Pen and Input Devices" on that tab. A new dialog opens, go to the Touch tab and
uncheck the first box: "use your finger..."
(I love my TX2500 series [the Best Buy model] once HP swapped out the
motherboard to resolve random blue screen errors I was encountering. Support was
very responsive and the turn-around was less than a week for the repair.)
-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

StephenB

"Diane Whatever" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"StephenB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Go to Control Panel, Tablet PC Settings, Other tab, click the link for "Go
>> Pen and Input Devices" on that tab. A new dialog opens, go to the Touch
>> tab and
>> uncheck the first box: "use your finger..."
>> (I love my TX2500 series [the Best Buy model] once HP swapped out the
>> motherboard to resolve random blue screen errors I was encountering.
>> Support was
>> very responsive and the turn-around was less than a week for the repair.)
>> -steve
>>

>> "Diane Whatever" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I made up and changed my mind a half dozen times and in the end I decided
>>>on
>>>the HP TX 2500. It is a beauty, but. -- I find that having touch and the
>>>pen is somewhat annoying because resting your hand on the tablet defeats
>>>the
>>>main (for me) purpose of the pen. Second thing is that no matter how many
>>>times I turn off auto-insert, it continues to insert whenever it feels
>>>like
>>>it. The screen is a little too glossy. . . if I can disable *touch" and
>>>auto
>>>insert- -I will be hap-hap-happy!

>> --
>> Stephen Boots
>> MVP Windows Live
>> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
>> (E-Mail Removed)

>So far my only complaint is I can't play any of my mahjong games in full
>Screen using the stylus. I have 2 different Mahjong games _ Not the one that
>Comes with Vista. -- In full screen the Pointer won't touch the screen where
>I am aiming.. It isn't Just a little off it's miles from Where it should be.
>. . Maybe I need to change the resolution when I want to play those games.
>If yes, is there a way to put a permanent link to change resolution back and
>forth?

The only way I can think of (it is early, though!) is to use the link from the
ATI Catalyst Control Center for "Set Desktop Area to." It isn't an icon, but it
is a nested menu from a single icon. (I'm using the latest ATI drivers)
-steve