Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Re: netra 240 critical led

 
 
Jorgen Moquist
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi have a Netra 240, running latest solaris 9.
Critical led is always litten, but system has no failures.

# /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
MB CRITICAL on red

I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
If i reboot it led comes on again.

Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
and if i execute it the led goes off.

# /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
MB CRITICAL off red

Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?

/Jorgen
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cydrome Leader
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2009, 06:34 PM
In comp.sys.sun.hardware Jorgen Moquist <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi have a Netra 240, running latest solaris 9.
> Critical led is always litten, but system has no failures.
>
> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
> MB CRITICAL on red
>
> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
> If i reboot it led comes on again.
>
> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
> and if i execute it the led goes off.
>
> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
> MB CRITICAL off red
>
> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?


replace the system board or whatever is causing the fault in the first
place.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Lutov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Hello, Jorgen!

JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
JM> MB CRITICAL on red

JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.

JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.

JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
JM> MB CRITICAL off red

JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?


Update OBP ?

---


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jorgen Moquist
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Andrew Lutov wrote:
> Hello, Jorgen!
>
> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
> JM> MB CRITICAL on red
>
> JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
> JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.
>
> JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
> JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.
>
> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
> JM> MB CRITICAL off red
>
> JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?
>
>
> Update OBP ?
>
> ---
>
>

Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
/Jorgen
 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Tornblom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Jorgen Moquist <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Andrew Lutov wrote:
>> Hello, Jorgen!
>> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
>> JM> MB CRITICAL on red
>> JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
>> JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.
>> JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
>> JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.
>> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
>> JM> MB CRITICAL off red
>> JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?
>> Update OBP ?
>> ---
>>

> Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
> prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
> Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
> /Jorgen


Isn't this handled by picld? Perhaps you had disabled it on 5.9?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jorgen Moquist
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Thomas Tornblom wrote:
> Jorgen Moquist <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Andrew Lutov wrote:
>>> Hello, Jorgen!
>>> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
>>> JM> MB CRITICAL on red
>>> JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
>>> JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.
>>> JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
>>> JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.
>>> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
>>> JM> MB CRITICAL off red
>>> JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?
>>> Update OBP ?
>>> ---
>>>

>> Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
>> prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
>> Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
>> /Jorgen

>
> Isn't this handled by picld? Perhaps you had disabled it on 5.9?


Thanks, dont know how to disable it, installation is a preconfigured
jumpstart.
Found a utility from doc. 819-2749-10.pdf
"alarm.c" compiled it and im happy.
just changed a line #include "lom_io.h" to
#include "/usr/platform/sun4u/include/sys/lom_io.h"
and cc alarm.c

# ./alarm

usage: alarm [get|set] [crit|major|minor|user] [on|off]
ALARM.crit = on
ALARM.major = off
ALARM.minor = off
ALARM.user = off

# ./alarm set crit off
Setting ALARM.crit successfully set to off

/Jorgen
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jorgen Moquist
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Jorgen Moquist wrote:
> Thomas Tornblom wrote:
>> Jorgen Moquist <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>>> Andrew Lutov wrote:
>>>> Hello, Jorgen!
>>>> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
>>>> JM> MB CRITICAL on red
>>>> JM> I can switch it off from alom sc> setalarm critical off
>>>> JM> If i reboot it led comes on again.
>>>> JM> Found out that VTS has /opt/SUNWvts/bin/nalmtest -l
>>>> JM> and if i execute it the led goes off.
>>>> JM> # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v | grep -i crit
>>>> JM> MB CRITICAL off red
>>>> JM> Wrote a rc3.d script for this, but is there better way ?
>>>> Update OBP ?
>>>> ---
>>> Many thanks Andrew & Cydrome.
>>> prtconf -V , OBP 4.22.33 2007/06/18 12:45
>>> Solaris 10 does not lit critical, seems like 5.9 is the cause.
>>> /Jorgen

>>
>> Isn't this handled by picld? Perhaps you had disabled it on 5.9?

>
> Thanks, dont know how to disable it, installation is a preconfigured
> jumpstart.
> Found a utility from doc. 819-2749-10.pdf
> "alarm.c" compiled it and im happy.
> just changed a line #include "lom_io.h" to
> #include "/usr/platform/sun4u/include/sys/lom_io.h"
> and cc alarm.c
>
> # ./alarm
>
> usage: alarm [get|set] [crit|major|minor|user] [on|off]
> ALARM.crit = on
> ALARM.major = off
> ALARM.minor = off
> ALARM.user = off
>
> # ./alarm set crit off
> Setting ALARM.crit successfully set to off
>
> /Jorgen


Installing the latest patch-cluster fixed it all.
/Jorgen
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Netra 240 CPU removal dwolf Sun Hardware 0 10-10-2008 10:22 AM
New Netra 240 Rudy Hartmann Sun Hardware 1 03-07-2008 07:44 PM
SCC cards on a Netra 240 yash Sun Hardware 1 10-16-2007 06:43 PM
Netra x1 with a blinking spanner LED Spendius Sun Hardware 1 08-22-2006 12:56 AM
prtdiag on Netra 240 and 1125 Scott Moseman Sun Hardware 0 12-27-2005 05:50 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment