Re: New video card

Eeyore

sergiorom wrote:

> Have an Abit KG7 Raid with a Matrox Millennium VGA video card on a PCI slot,
> after changing the monitor (from a 15 to a wide 20 inch), I'll change also
> the video card.
> I am waiting for an AGP Ati Sapphire Radeon 9225 256MB ram, that have also
> DVI, as the monitor.
> I'm asking if I have to install some drivers for the motherboard

Not for the motherboard itself but the operating system may need drivers to be
able to use all the features of your new Radeon.

> before installing the video card, the operating system is Windows XP SP2.

XP SP2 already had drivers for my Nvidia AGP card. It's possible that it may
also 'recognise' the Radeon. Try it first and see if XP auto-configures itself.
If not it'll operate in VGA (640x480) or SVGA (800x600) mode most likely until
you get the drivers.

Graham