Re: Not getting CPU Speed...please help me!!

Guy

Refer to your motherboard's technical manual, page #8. I strongly
recommend that you verify with AMD the exact settings for the SEMPRON
chip. I will leave you to your own documentation and any research you
need to do.

From what I read briefly online, the Sempron 2800 runs at 2000 MHz,
and with a FSB speed of 166 MHz, this works out to a clock multiplier
of 12.0.

Go into your BIOS and verify the FSB speed is changed from the 133 MHz
default setting to 166 MHz, the recommended setting for the 2800 AMD
chip. Also, change your clock multiplier to 12.0 as shown. This
should take you to 2000 MHz. Again use your motherboard manual as a
guide.

If you need more information, please ask. This board is stable as a
rock for me, using an Athlon XP 2900 Barton chip, but others have had
problems.

Best regards!