Re: NV5302u upgrade limitations?

Ben Myers

Kaoss wrote:
> Hi all I just bought a Gateway NV5302 and I would like to know the
> upgrade limitations to this laptop as far as ram, CPU, video card go.
>
> I have tried to find more than just the regular retail spec and haven't
> had much luck. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yg32gmd

Upgrade options:
CPU - None that makes any sense. CPU upgrades provide little bang for
the buck, and are rarely worth it for laptops with not-so-easy
disassembly. Looks like the fastest AMD processor sold with the NV
series is 2.2GHz, according to their web site. You won't notice the
change from 2 to 2.2GHz, a 10% improvement on a good day with a high
tailwind. Memory access speeds, disk access speeds, and internet access
speeds do not change with a processor upgrade.
RAM - probably 4Gb is the max. The system uses DDR2, and I am unaware
of any 4GB DDR2 notebook memory.
Video card - Does it have a separate video card, or is the video
subsystem integrated onto the motherboard?

This appears to be a special model done by Gateway for Best Buy. It is
not shown on the Gateway web site... Ben Myers