Re: Nvidia in a heap of trouble. Not good for competition!

KCB

"William" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) acquisition...

> "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Keep in mind Charlie is an Inquirer reject turned full-time AMD fanboi.
>> Seriously, who is going to buy a GTX285 now when a much better-performing
>> HD 5870 exists? The GT300 card is coming in 2-3 months, according to the
>> latest rumors, so now would be appropriate to issue EOL notices to clear
>> out existing inventory.
>>
>> For what it's worth, AMD incurred heavy losses for the last six quarters.
>> http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....rterlyearnings
>> That GlobalFoundaries deal was a last-ditch attempt to stay afloat while
>> giving the appearance of strategic planning. AMD never did well
>> financially even during the Athlon64 years when Intel tripped up. After a
>> while you become desensitized to these things.
>>

> I'm aware about the bad news coming from both camps. I became aware of
> this news from John Dvorak's web site.
> http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2009/10/0...ard-scrapyard/ .
> John is usually pretty careful who he references and I consider his
> comments worth paying attention to. I've been following him for over 30
> years now. (His web site is too far Left leaning for me.)
>
> I am surprised no one else bothered to post this information to this news
> group. I think its pretty important and one more nail in Nvidia's coffin
> if they don't get their act together. And yes, ATI has problems being a
> child of AMD. Maybe AMD will sell off ATI to raise money for their use.
> Wouldn't that be poetic justice.
>
> It seems some people are more upset that I brought up the subject rather
> than discuss the implications of the story. I suppose it depends on what
> card is sitting in ones computer at the time. Shoot the messenger and all
> that. It seems to happen every time someone posts information positive or
> negative about Nvidia -vs- ATI.
>
> William

I think the reaction to your post is more to do with your source than the
actual story. Many people don't consider that site for news, but rather
opinion and rumors. I think most everybody had already heard or read about
Nvidia's problems with intel, so the issue with them not making chipsets
wasn't really a surprise.