Re: OEM Install

Sinner

"news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently acquired a Panasonic toughbook with no install disks. I
>purchased an OEM copy of XP tablet Ed. 2005 from Newegg to install on it. I
>had to slipstream the SATA drivers into the install to get it to boot. I
>can now install the OS but I am not getting the prompt to install the
>second disk that has the tablet features on it.
>
> It is my understanding that the license key determines the version of XP
> (tablet, media center). The key is a valid XP tablet key. I have tried the
> slipstream copy with the key already entered for an unattended install, as
> well as with out the key so I could enter it manually. I have the same
> result either way; no prompt for disk 2.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to install the second disk?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I went through the same problem with a new Gateway C-142XL. I used nLite to
slipstream the SATA drivers and SP3. At the point where you're ready to
burn the DVD, you have to copy the Components directory from Disc2 into the
Components directory in the nLite working dir.

Alkahest

I also had the same issue (Gateway M285-E), but after finishing the nLite
based install, I "upgraded" over the top of it, using the original (non
nLite) Disk 1. It prompted me for Disk 2 and everything went as expected. I
was too lazy to burn another disk that included the Tablet component.