Re: OT- AVG Anti Virus

powrwrap

I dumped AVG Free last December after it allowed two of my computers
to be infected. I ended up having to do a wipe and clean install of
Windows XP on one of them.

I now use Microsoft Security Essentials and am mostly satisfied. I've
never been infected and it's very unobtrusive to use. Basically, set
it and forget it. There are times, just like AVG Free, when it will
hog CPU time, but not as often or as intensely as AVG Free.

Rasta Pickles

On Nov 17, 2:41*pm, WaIIy <WaIIy@(nft).invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:41:58 -0800 (PST), powrwrap <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I dumped AVG Free last December after it allowed two of my computers
> >to be infected. I ended up having to do a wipe and clean install of
> >Windows XP on one of them.

> >I now use Microsoft Security Essentials and am mostly satisfied. I've
> >never been infected and it's very unobtrusive to use. Basically, set
> >it and forget it. There are times, just like AVG Free, when it will
> >hog CPU time, but not as often or as intensely as AVG Free.

> I found MSE to be very intrusive and even changed my update settings
> without permission.
>
> I now use Avira, which has been great.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/micro...rmed-paid/2614

Geoff

On 17/11/2010 03:41, powrwrap wrote:
> I dumped AVG Free last December after it allowed two of my computers
> to be infected. I ended up having to do a wipe and clean install of
> Windows XP on one of them.
>
> I now use Microsoft Security Essentials and am mostly satisfied. I've
> never been infected and it's very unobtrusive to use. Basically, set
> it and forget it. There are times, just like AVG Free, when it will
> hog CPU time, but not as often or as intensely as AVG Free.

if you get annoyed becuase any antivirus program doesn't work
you might as well give up now
you got no chance

Re: OT- AVG Anti Virus Bob Villa Dell 0 11-18-2010 11:18 AM
Re: OT- AVG Anti Virus Martin Walker Dell 0 11-18-2010 03:18 AM
Re: OT- AVG Anti Virus Boris Dell 0 11-17-2010 04:00 PM
Re: OT- AVG Anti Virus Phil Gilmer Dell 0 11-17-2010 01:09 PM
Re: OT- AVG Anti Virus Bob Villa Dell 0 11-17-2010 01:01 PM