Re: ot-cd burning software recommends?

DEJ57

>Nothing better than nero.
>Make sure you get the latest updates.

Tried to do that--download and upgrade to the most current version--but I get
some type of copying file error and I it won't complete the install. Attempted
to delete the older version and it still won't load. Downloaded from a
different site and it won't load. Now can't install my old version because I
can't find the darn sleeve for the CD with the country mile long key
number...just not my day.

Thanks for all the advice--anyone have a clue why I might be getting a
SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error? I have gotten several burns out of about 30
tries--what usually happens is the burn fails about half to two-thirds
through--showing like 35% on the read buffer, 63% of the burn complete, and 98%
on the read buffer. Been selecting low rates (4, 8 speed--burner claims 32x)
but doesn't seem to help. Should the program and data all be on the same
drive?
WIN95 is on the "C" drive, the data being copied and burned is on a different
drive (a SCSI), and the nero program itself is yet on another drive--would that
challenge the software in moving the data around, resulting in the high read
buffer and the timeout error on the CD? PC is a 800mhz with lots of RAM (slips
my mind just how much--I'll check when I boot next...)

Dale

SFR

"DEJ57" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
(...)
> Thanks for all the advice--anyone have a clue why I might be getting a
> SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error? I have gotten several burns out of

about 30
> tries--what usually happens is the burn fails about half to two-thirds
> through--showing like 35% on the read buffer, 63% of the burn complete,

and 98%
> on the read buffer. Been selecting low rates (4, 8 speed--burner claims

32x)
> but doesn't seem to help. Should the program and data all be on the same
> drive?

Well, I have no clue of which OS you're using or if CDR drive (IDE -my guess
or SCSI), nor what kind of CD you're trying to burn (data only, overburnt,
etc..), but I would try 2 or 3 things first, which I'm sure though you've
already checked :

-> Apps on background (anti-virus, maybe ?) : I would deactivate any running
app...
-> Disk fragmentation
-> Downgrade or Update Nero's version, or, as you wanted to do, switch to
another app
-> If CDR drive is IDE, chek for the DMA to be enabled if possible

My 2 cents

Regards,

Serge

---