Re: Overclocking E6600.

Fishface

John Whitworth wrote:
> I should also point out that I cannot remember whether I saw this issue
> with the Dhrystone benchmark on the old mobo (MSI 975X Pl P Up Ed).
> And I don't intend to put that back together again! ;-)

On the Dhrystone test, my Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz was soundly trounced by the
QX6800 @ 2.93 GHz. The previous version XIb showed a proportional
increase. I think it's a Sandra thing and I wouldn't worry about it. I don't care
for the changing blinking bars in this version, either!

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Fishface" typed:
> John Whitworth wrote:
>> I should also point out that I cannot remember whether I saw this
>> issue with the Dhrystone benchmark on the old mobo (MSI 975X Pl P Up
>> Ed). And I don't intend to put that back together again! ;-)

> On the Dhrystone test, my Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz was soundly trounced by the
> QX6800 @ 2.93 GHz. The previous version XIb showed a proportional
> increase. I think it's a Sandra thing and I wouldn't worry about it.
> I don't care for the changing blinking bars in this version, either!

Hmmm, I don't have Sandra installed ATM as I disliked all the false info it
was giving. Also, it appears that it's dhry/whet tests are significantly
different to others. I got the data for my CPU from BOINC and, for an E4500
running at 3.3GHz the numbers I got were:

Whetstone: 3180
Dhrystone: 7128

Obviously, with numbers like those quoted in this thread it's obvious that
different programmes use different tests.

Is there a simple test for dhry/whet? I can't be arsed installing Sandra
again but this thread has got me curious.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "John Whitworth" typed:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:48029e8c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Fishface" typed:
>>
>> Is there a simple test for dhry/whet? I can't be arsed installing
>> Sandra again but this thread has got me curious.

> There's a whole host of more specific looking, free, benchmarks here:
> http://freespace.virgin.net/roy.longbottom/index.htm

Thanks John, I'll have a look-see. :-)
--
Shaun.