Re: Overclocking hypertransport?

Ed Medlin

"Darren Garrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Quick question from someone who hasn't overclocked in years-- I just
> overclocked
> my new AMD X2 5050e from 200x13 2.6 GHz to 220x13 2.86 GHz, getting my
> DDR2 800
> at the proper speed of 400 (well, a bit over) instead of the 371 it was
> running
> at. But my hypertransport bus is now pushed to 1100 MHz instead of 1000
> MHz.
> Is that okay? System seems stable so far (after an hour or two).
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/cpuz.htm

It should be fine as long as it is stable and you don't see any
extraordinarily high temperatures. Running a couple of instances of Orthos
for a few hours should give you some idea about stability. In your case, I
would run it on the 'blend' setting which stresses ram and cpu equally.

Ed

RobV

phaedrus06 wrote:
> I agree with the last poster. Also to note Hyper Transport maxing out
> is usually determined by the motherboard, that is your manufacturer
> should have stated the HT capabilities like HT 1.0, HT 2.0, or HT
> 3.0. From this you can determine what is the max HT you can use since
> it technically isn't software or OS dependent. Nowadays HT go up to,
> or higher in some cases, 2000MHz.

Hello, again. Apparently, you are new to Usenet. It is common practice
to quote the person(s) you are responding to, as you'll note Ed did when
replying to Darren. This should give you a more complete explanation:

Thanks!