Re: Overclocking Noob

Fishface

Carl wrote:
> Hello, could anyone point me in the direction of a good overclocking guide?

Some people posted their overclocked BIOS settings here:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=57098

A lot of those settings are for 65 nM CPUs. Personally, I wouldn't try more
than about 1.4 v vCore for your 45 nM part. A poster with designation "t_ski"
has the same CPU and motherboard as you, but wouldn't you know he didn't
post his full BIOS specifications. Some of those guys are a bit insane and
seem to be in a ****ing contest. It may be wise to beware of this potential
chip killer (high VTT), as some of the guys had this voltage set very high:
http://www.anandtech.com/weblog/showpost.aspx?i=428

What type of memory do you have?

Fishface

Carl wrote:

> Interesting on some of those links that people have flashed the
> maximus formula bios with that of the rampage- what benefits
> has this?

It looks like more BIOS setting options. Couldn't find much specific.
Maybe check your current options for the tRD setting mentioned here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033270910

But there's also the pretty splash screen and the feeling of having
gotten something for nothing...

Re: Overclocking Noob Fishface Overclocking 0 03-20-2009 01:09 PM
Overclocking Noob The Berzerker ATI 4 10-03-2004 12:24 PM
IC7-G noob Toby Groves Abit 4 09-26-2004 06:14 PM
Overclocking Noob Requires Advise on overclocking-unlocking DVS__DVIT__INC AMD Overclocking 1 09-13-2004 06:07 PM
BD7-II Raid Overclocking - help for a noob BigAl Abit 0 02-09-2004 08:58 PM