Re: P4C800 No dirve detected

BNR

Darrel,

I have this board and exact problem. I wish the user manual would have said
what GHalleck just said. I thought it was my motherboard bios, too. This
error message is refering to just the promise controller bios. I don't know
why it should have a bios, but it does. I have a WD 7200 40G HD. However,
I went about flashing my MB Bios, because of this misleading error message.
I followed steps in ch4 to the T on how to flash *.rom, unfortunately the
Bios I flashed with, the one on the Asus CD, I used was incomplete. The
Asus tech told me that by me flashing using it, I ruined my Bios. So he
told me to short the CMOS. I did, however my board didn't come up
afterwards, so I had to RMA it. I cannot belive the *.rom file on there CD
is incomplete. All this would have been avoided if the Bios defaults had
the promise controller disabled from the start. There is the same
explanation I just gave in more detail on the www.promise.com Fasttrak FAQ.

Goodluck, Brad