Re: P5Q DL - 1 second pulsing disc LED - any solution?

Barry Watzman

The light indicates activity on ANY IDE/SATA device, not just the hard
drive (e.g. on the optical drives as well). If I was going to guess,
the "culprit" (which is harmless) is "Auto Insert Notification", the
mechanism by which the OS queries the optical drives to determine if you
have inserted a disc (so that Auto-run can "do it's thing", if you have).

dave wrote:
> (Mobo P5Q DL with XP sp2)
>
> The disc led on my P5Q DL pulses at about 1 second intervals. I have a
> 750Gb seagate sata drive(s) connected. I've done much googling and
> tried to fix this since I had the mobo a few months ago. I just cannot
> stop that damn LED flashing away. (I can hear the disc responding so
> it is actually activating the drive).
>
> It's not fastfind
> It's not any indexing I can see
> The BIOS is set to IDE enhanced
> Tried different drives - no difference
> Tried different sata ports - no difference
>

> The problem reduces if I disconnect the sata DVD drive (the pulse rate
> is the same but it is less "intense" - the LED is on for a shorter
> time)
>
> A newsgroups poster told me he has the exactly same mobo and drives
> and no problem with flashing LED
>
> Perhaps the BIOS corrupt in some way? (Is there a way I can reset the
> BIOS to the original values?)
>
> Is the mobo faulty perhaps?
>
> Am just lost for ideas on this one.
> Thanks for any help.

Re: P5Q DL - 1 second pulsing disc LED - any solution? Rob Asus 3 04-12-2010 04:51 PM
Re: P5Q DL - 1 second pulsing disc LED - any solution? daytripper Asus 0 03-31-2010 01:15 AM
any actual end user experience on P5Q Prem or other P5Q? gg Asus 1 08-05-2008 03:12 PM
Laptop Wireless Pulsing. Onig Laptops 0 10-20-2006 05:59 PM
PowerBook Pulsing Light Jacob Strieck Apple 6 10-05-2004 02:34 AM