Re: The Ramblings of a Tablet Nut:

me@privacy.net

"diane whatever" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I truly love "writing" on my tablet laptops. I have had several . as of
>right now I have 3 . . . one or two I will sell.

is this group dead?

Beverly Howard

got a question?

Beverly Howard

me@privacy.net

Beverly Howard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>got a question?
>
>Beverly Howard

just interested in tablet for engineering student use

was hoping some traffic here

Beverly Howard

>> just interested in tablet for engineering student use <<

Search this forum using google groups
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...tabletpc?hl=en

There was some discussion on this a year or so ago... Possibly Virginia
Tech?

If nothing else, you might get some pointers to where you might get more
info. I would assume that a school that requires use of tablets would
have a support forum somewhere.

Beverly Howard

me@privacy.net

"Diane Whatever" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm thinking you might be correct. I asked a few questions a couple op
>months ago.
>Maybe I am on everyone's block or delete filter!
>
>--

I wish the price of tablets would come down some as I'm
an engineering student (read poor) but think a tablet
would be perfect for me!

Harry

Been using a tablet at University for some years now as a part time student.
I can highly recommend OneNote for managing lecture notes, assignments and
study. It's great to open the lecture slides and mark them up. If you get
PDF files, you can use PDF annotator to also make notes on them. Future
review of the notes then also come with all the comments you made during the
lecture.

Unfortunately, my office doesn't use exchange so I never got to see how it
integrated with email and todo etc.

Good luck.

Harry.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Been using a tablet at University for some years now as a part time student.
>I can highly recommend OneNote for managing lecture notes, assignments and

Thanks for the input Harry!!

What brand/model tablet are you using?

Also, curious what you are studying and majoring in at
school?

Steve Jain [MVP]

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:40:23 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>"Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Been using a tablet at University for some years now as a part time student.
>>I can highly recommend OneNote for managing lecture notes, assignments and

>Thanks for the input Harry!!
>
>What brand/model tablet are you using?
>
>Also, curious what you are studying and majoring in at
>school?

I can concur, I used my Toshiba M400 tablet for the last 3 years of my
computer engineering degree. With a scanner you can import all your
paper handouts into OneNote as well.

Did all my notes and homework on my tablet, printed out my homework
and handed it in.

OneNote is great for complex note-taking, especially if the professor
is using multiple colors on the white/chalk board...you can match them
up in OneNote.

Classmate need a copy of the notes? Just print one out from OneNote.
Got a PDF handout? Import into OneNote and ink your notes on it.

Instead of carrying multiple paper notebooks, I just had my tablet pc
and a couple folders for any paper handouts.

One thing I didn't use as much as I could have was the audio
recording.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP

Beverly Howard

>> Got a PDF handout? Import into OneNote and ink your notes on it. <<

Can you elaborate on this... I have OneNote2003 and can't see any way to
natively import a pdf.

Great tips... thanks,
Beverly Howard

Steve Jain [MVP]

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:59:32 -0500, Beverly Howard
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Got a PDF handout? Import into OneNote and ink your notes on it. <<

>Can you elaborate on this... I have OneNote2003 and can't see any way to
>natively import a pdf.
>
>Great tips... thanks,
>Beverly Howard

Sorry for the terminology. I was referring to the "send to onenote"
print function.