Re: How to read/write raw bytes from a flash card in C++?

Kelvin @ SG

Thank you all for your replies! Basically I have some clue now.
I will use WinHex to save my entire Smartmedia image into a mega-file...
Then I will open the mega-file in binary access mode...
And I will write some C codes to implement how to read/write (extract
actually) files
to/from this mega-file. That is all programming all about.

Eventually I will write assembly code or use FPGA to interface directly to
my Smartmedia
and do something fun with it...

Do I sound logical?

Best Regards,
Kelvin

"Kelvin @ SG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0t9jc$jlc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, group:
>
> I am intermediate in C programming, basically I programmed in Unix for
> digital signal processing...
>
> Now I need to write a C++ program to read/write the whole volume of a FAT
> formatted smartmedia
> card...I can view the raw data in WinHex...now what I want is, in generic

> codes to read all the data
> I see in WinHex...
>
> Could anybody teach me on how to handle this kind of work? Any websites

are

Fixing RAW Disk Problem Journey Dell 5 04-08-2007 11:47 PM
msp430: disassembling raw binary 4MLA1FN Embedded 8 03-14-2007 07:57 PM
Re: to access the large page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader Roberto Waltman Embedded 1 08-23-2006 11:54 PM
sending and receiving raw ethernet packet to/from embedded system balajiyalam@gmail.com Embedded 2 12-31-2005 11:25 AM
How to read/write raw bytes from a flash card in C++? Kelvin @ SG Embedded 0 02-17-2004 11:18 PM