Re: How to Remove Menu Bar Airport Icon?

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Madwen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When I migrated my settings from my Quicksilver to my Mac Pro, the
> icon that normally indicates the degree of Airport connection was
> transferred over. I'm using Ethernet on the new Mac but I can seem
> to find a way to get rid of the Airport icon since there is no
> Airport card in the Pro. Am I just stuck with it taking up space in
> my menu bar?

Command-drag it off the menu bar.

--
Member National Rifle Association
Member American Civil Liberties Union

Lloyd Parsons

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Madwen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > When I migrated my settings from my Quicksilver to my Mac Pro, the
> > icon that normally indicates the degree of Airport connection was
> > transferred over. I'm using Ethernet on the new Mac but I can seem
> > to find a way to get rid of the Airport icon since there is no
> > Airport card in the Pro. Am I just stuck with it taking up space in
> > my menu bar?

> Command-drag it off the menu bar.

Or go into Preferences-->Networks and select the Airport adapter and
deselect 'show airport....'

Gerry

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Madwen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Lloyd Parsons <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Command-drag it off the menu bar.

> > Or go into Preferences-->Networks and select the Airport adapter and
> > deselect 'show airport....'

> Network prefs was the first thing I tried. Airport does not seem to
> show when you don't have an Airport card. Like I said, I'm using
> Ethernet. Command-drag worked great OTOH. Thx.

What model Mac Pro are you using? My old G4 1.25 GHz PowerBook came with
an Airport card, I would be surprised that a newer and Pro version
wouldn't have the Airport capability.

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Gerry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What model Mac Pro are you using?

In her original message (which was included in what you quoted), she
wrote that it is a Mac Pro. It is optional in the Mac Pro.