Re: Replacenet of hard drives for HP Pavilion HDX9430EA Laptop

Ben Myers

On 2/14/2010 12:34 PM, H Ebony wrote:

> "H Ebony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HKBdn.39681$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> I would like to upgrade my present 2x160 GB in HP Pavilion HDX9430EA
>> Laptop
>> for something in range of 2x250GB or 2x320 GB.
>> I wonder whether there is anyone who did an upgrade of HD
>> on laptops. Are there any points which I should observe?
>> TIA for sharing any experience on this matter.
>>

> So, it looks that I'm going to be the first one trying to do it...
> HP recommends Toshiba internal hard drives.
> I found the HDD on this site - just in case if someone
> will search for it :
> http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd...?productid=300

FYI, Toshiba is the ONLY major hard drive manufacturer that does not
make available free hard drive diagnostic software. In my experience,
Toshiba drives have a higher failure rate than other brands (WD,
Seagate, Hitachi). I don't give a damn what HP recommends. I cannot
recommend Toshiba hard drives. 2.5" laptop drives are commodity items
among the various manufacturers. Better to pick another brand... Ben Myers

McGrath

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hl9ftu$l6e$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 2/14/2010 12:34 PM, H Ebony wrote:
>>
>> "H Ebony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:HKBdn.39681$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>> I would like to upgrade my present 2x160 GB in HP Pavilion HDX9430EA
>>> Laptop
>>> for something in range of 2x250GB or 2x320 GB.
>>> I wonder whether there is anyone who did an upgrade of HD
>>> on laptops. Are there any points which I should observe?
>>> TIA for sharing any experience on this matter.
>>>

>> So, it looks that I'm going to be the first one trying to do it...
>> HP recommends Toshiba internal hard drives.
>> I found the HDD on this site - just in case if someone
>> will search for it :
>> http://storage.toshiba.eu/cms/en/hdd...?productid=300
>>

> FYI, Toshiba is the ONLY major hard drive manufacturer that does not make
> available free hard drive diagnostic software. In my experience, Toshiba
> drives have a higher failure rate than other brands (WD, Seagate,
> Hitachi). I don't give a damn what HP recommends. I cannot recommend
> Toshiba hard drives. 2.5" laptop drives are commodity items among the
> various manufacturers. Better to pick another brand... Ben Myers

I'm almost convinced , Ben, I'll see which other brand than Toshiba
would be the best for my HP laptop. Thanks for your advice.