Re: Rotation Utility

Chris H.

Tony, go here: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t..._sc_modSel.jsp
and then select the M400 in the right pane. Then use Search with Ask Iris
(R) on "Vista drivers" without the quotes. You'll get 34 results, including
the top one which is "Windows Vista and Toshiba computers - drivers, BIOS,
and other information" which is good reading material so you know what's
going on.

In the listed downloads (below the above) are various drivers for Vista, all
released by Toshiba in mid-December. Make sure to note the release date and
version of each, so you get the latest ones. Also keep in mind, if you're
still running Vista RC1 you might just want to wait for the actual Vista
release.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which site did you use fro the Toshiba Drivers? also which drivers did you
> install?
> Thanks and regards.
>
> "Taliesin" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I don't know what happened with some words. I wanted to say: "Hi
>> Toni.
>> I'm not an expert, but I can tell you I also have an M 400, with
>> Vista Business Edition (final release) and after installing drivers for
>> tablet pc from toshiba , all work well, even rotation. So maybe it's RC1
>> the
>> problem ?
>>
>> "Taliesin" wrote:
>>
>> > the Toni. I'm not an expert, but I can tell you I also have or M 400,
>> > with
>> > Vista Business Edition (final release) and after installing drivers for
>> > trouble pc from toshiba , all work well, even rotation. So maybe it's
>> > RC1 the
>> > problem ?

Chris H.

There may not be one released yet, Tony. I don't have that particular
Tablet PC, so I haven't tried it, but you might look at what they're calling
the "value-added pack." 8-)
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Chris. I looked it up. Still trying to find out where is the
> Rotation
> Utility Driver within the list you suggestd.
>
> "Chris H." wrote:
>
>> Tony, go here:
>> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t..._sc_modSel.jsp
>> and then select the M400 in the right pane. Then use Search with Ask
>> Iris
>> (R) on "Vista drivers" without the quotes. You'll get 34 results,
>> including
>> the top one which is "Windows Vista and Toshiba computers - drivers,
>> BIOS,
>> and other information" which is good reading material so you know what's
>> going on.
>>
>> In the listed downloads (below the above) are various drivers for Vista,
>> all
>> released by Toshiba in mid-December. Make sure to note the release date
>> and
>> version of each, so you get the latest ones. Also keep in mind, if
>> you're
>> still running Vista RC1 you might just want to wait for the actual Vista
>> release.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Which site did you use fro the Toshiba Drivers? also which drivers did
>> > you
>> > install?
>> > Thanks and regards.

Chris H.

Remember, you're using Vista, and most, if not all, manufacturers will not
be issuing complete drivers for the new operating system until probably
after the public release later this month. Is it basically not time yet,
and there's not much we can do about it until the OEMs come up with new
drivers. At this point, it is expected things aren't going to work fully
yet. When in doubt, contact the Toshiba support section and see what they
have to say.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

"Taliesin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Toni, this is the list of drivers I have installed:
> driver_tabletpc_extension_v1.0.0.1
> driver_toshiba_value_added_package_v1.0.3
> hotkey_display_v2.9.3.0
> TOSHIBA RAID Driver
> util_extended_tiles_mobility_center_v1.00
> util_fingerprint_v5.6.0_Build3221
> util_hdd_protection_v2.0.0.2
> util_sd_boot_v1.3.1.1A
> util_sd_memory_v1.6
> app_cd_silencer_v2.00.02
> util_disc_creator_v2.0.0.0a
> chipset_intel_v8.1.0.1006
>
> WithThem I have rotation and joystick buttons and also security button. I
> can't use Toshiba utilities button nor presentation button.I have also
> discovered my battery last half an hour less with Vista than with XP even
> in
> battery optimized mode and without aero glass.I expect this help you a bit
>

> "Chris H." wrote:
>
>> There may not be one released yet, Tony. I don't have that particular
>> Tablet PC, so I haven't tried it, but you might look at what they're
>> calling
>> the "value-added pack." 8-)
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "Tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Thanks Chris. I looked it up. Still trying to find out where is the
>> > Rotation
>> > Utility Driver within the list you suggestd.

Toshiba R25 Rotation utility Vista Dave Tablet PC 9 04-16-2007 05:26 PM
Command-line utility to control screen rotation Michael D. Adams Tablet PC 2 12-22-2005 10:34 PM
Disable Screen Rotation? - SiS graphics adapter ASUS P4S533 mage Asus 0 05-16-2005 01:03 PM
Axim screen rotation jdemillo Dell 2 01-30-2005 02:34 PM
82845G graph chipset screen rotation Hans Heintz Intel 1 01-08-2005 06:51 AM