Re: screen blackout

BillW50

On 10/14/2010 10:20 PM, bettersd wrote:
> i just upgraded my memory on a dell inspiron 2650 now the screen doesn't
> come on is there a reset? any ideas

Well that computer is about 8 years old. And the lamp for the backlight
doesn't burn forever. You can check this by shinning a very bright light
(flashlight, sunlight, etc.) on the screen. And if you can faintly see
the image, the backlight isn't lit. A number of things can cause this.
So let us know if you can see the image.

Another thing, since you just updated the memory... maybe it doesn't
like it. Can you put the old memory back in and try that?

Reset? Cannot think of anything except maybe going into the BIOS setup
(making sure it reports the right amount of RAM) and save and exit. Not
really useful if you can't see the screen though.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

Display blackout Question Glassman Acer 0 11-24-2005 04:49 AM
X700 Blackout problems misterjerk2@yahoo.com ATI 6 07-28-2005 08:23 PM
Sony Vaio Blackout Gnosys Laptops 3 12-29-2004 12:04 PM
How can I make my Micro ATX server turn itself on after a blackout?? mikey2gorgeous PC Hardware 2 12-07-2004 09:14 PM
Cat 4.5 Blackout Nick Dalton ATI 6 05-19-2004 08:57 PM