Re: Scrolling key stuck in IE7

PA Bear [MS MVP]

[Crossposted to TabletPC newsgroup]

Windows version? Is this behavior only seen in IE?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Kay wrote:
> I have a Fujitsu Stylistic with a tablet pen and tablet keyboard.
> Sometimes, the scroll key gets stuck when I use the pen in IE7. It does
> this automatically and I can only get it unstuck by shutting down the
> computer and hitting the scroll key multiple times on the regular keyboard
> plugged into a USB port. How do I fix this as it is really, really
> annoying? I do property inspections and am in the field when this
> happens.

Kay

Windows NT
The behavior is seen in Microsoft Office and in a proprietary government
software program. Those are the only softare programs that I have on that
particular computer, as well as IE. It started when IE7 was installed.

I heard from someone who had the same problem that there is a patch for IE7
that fixes the scrolling problem but he couldn't remember where he found it.
His son-in-law is a Microsoft engineer and gave him the info.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crossposted to TabletPC newsgroup]
>
> Windows version? Is this behavior only seen in IE?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Kay wrote:
> > I have a Fujitsu Stylistic with a tablet pen and tablet keyboard.
> > Sometimes, the scroll key gets stuck when I use the pen in IE7. It does
> > this automatically and I can only get it unstuck by shutting down the
> > computer and hitting the scroll key multiple times on the regular keyboard
> > plugged into a USB port. How do I fix this as it is really, really
> > annoying? I do property inspections and am in the field when this
> > happens.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update?
===================
> It started when IE7 was installed.

=> Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
or

2. Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
(No add-ons).

=> Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?

=> Does the problem persist if you uninstall 'Windows Internet Explorer 7'
via Add/Remove Programs?

Uninstalling IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6)
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177]

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

Kay wrote:
> Windows NT
> The behavior is seen in Microsoft Office and in a proprietary government
> software program. Those are the only softare programs that I have on that
> particular computer, as well as IE. It started when IE7 was installed.
>
> I heard from someone who had the same problem that there is a patch for
> IE7
> that fixes the scrolling problem but he couldn't remember where he found
> it.
> His son-in-law is a Microsoft engineer and gave him the info.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Crossposted to TabletPC newsgroup]
>>
>> Windows version? Is this behavior only seen in IE?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Kay wrote:
>>> I have a Fujitsu Stylistic with a tablet pen and tablet keyboard.
>>> Sometimes, the scroll key gets stuck when I use the pen in IE7. It does
>>> this automatically and I can only get it unstuck by shutting down the
>>> computer and hitting the scroll key multiple times on the regular
>>> keyboard
>>> plugged into a USB port. How do I fix this as it is really, really
>>> annoying? I do property inspections and am in the field when this
>>> happens.

Kay

The machine is fully patched at Windows Update. This occurs
intermittently--and at the most inconvenient times.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update?
> ===================
> > It started when IE7 was installed.

> => Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE7 in No Add-ons mode:
>
> 1. Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons;
> or
>
> 2. Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
> (No add-ons).

> => Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Advanced settings (RIES)?
>
> => Does the problem persist if you uninstall 'Windows Internet Explorer 7'
> via Add/Remove Programs?
>
> Uninstalling IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6)
> http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
> [also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177]
>
> IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Kay wrote:
> > Windows NT
> > The behavior is seen in Microsoft Office and in a proprietary government
> > software program. Those are the only softare programs that I have on that
> > particular computer, as well as IE. It started when IE7 was installed.
> >
> > I heard from someone who had the same problem that there is a patch for
> > IE7
> > that fixes the scrolling problem but he couldn't remember where he found
> > it.
> > His son-in-law is a Microsoft engineer and gave him the info.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> [Crossposted to TabletPC newsgroup]
> >>
> >> Windows version? Is this behavior only seen in IE?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Chris H

Windows NT? Tablet PC Edition functionalities are only on Windows XP Pro
with the Tablet PC Edition superset and certain editions of Vista.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Kay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows NT
> The behavior is seen in Microsoft Office and in a proprietary government
> software program. Those are the only softare programs that I have on that
> particular computer, as well as IE. It started when IE7 was installed.
>
> I heard from someone who had the same problem that there is a patch for
> IE7
> that fixes the scrolling problem but he couldn't remember where he found
> it.
> His son-in-law is a Microsoft engineer and gave him the info.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Crossposted to TabletPC newsgroup]
>>
>> Windows version? Is this behavior only seen in IE?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Kay wrote:
>> > I have a Fujitsu Stylistic with a tablet pen and tablet keyboard.
>> > Sometimes, the scroll key gets stuck when I use the pen in IE7. It
>> > does
>> > this automatically and I can only get it unstuck by shutting down the
>> > computer and hitting the scroll key multiple times on the regular
>> > keyboard
>> > plugged into a USB port. How do I fix this as it is really, really
>> > annoying? I do property inspections and am in the field when this
>> > happens.

Toshiba M400 stuck key problem Glew Laptops 1 02-19-2008 01:32 AM
Dell Inspiron 5000, Slow Start, 3 F, Stuck Key message , Desktop flashes PLEASE HELP spence_27408@yahoo.com Laptops 2 05-11-2005 12:19 AM
Stuck "u" key MJC IBM Thinkpad 0 06-26-2004 05:57 AM
Shift Key gets stuck active Jim Stover Tablet PC 12 01-16-2004 12:01 PM
Dell latitude keyboard error/ Stuck FN key steve Laptops 2 12-08-2003 09:04 PM