Re: How to send a fax with a mac

jt august

In article <1242977758.602748@rumba>,
Konstantinos Agouros <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> my old powerbook had a built in modem that one could use to send faxes. Now
> with the MacBook Pro that's no longer included. If I connect my nokia-phone
> via USB-Cable it shows up as fax in the Print&Fax Dialogue in System
> preferences, but this does not seem to work. So anybody has a suggestion
> how I can get back to fax capability?

My solution is backwards compatibility with a twist. I have an old
Beige G3 with Jag. I print to pdf (b/w) and network it to the G3, and
from Adobe reader I print to fax. Honestly, though, e-mail has all but
replaced fax for my needs. I have only had to fax out one thing in the
last two years, and fax in I can route through work and pick up there
(my employer allow this, so I am set on that).

jt