Re: Swapping MBs on XP--reinstall ?

Barry Watzman

There is no single answer to this question (can you move an installed
copy of Windows from one motherboard to another). It depends on way too
many variables, and the fact that it's Intel to Intel (e.g. CPU &
chipset) doesn't really say much, because there are so many Intel
chipsets and configurations. Really, the only way to find out is to try
it, although a Repair install should be possible (but those sometimes
"clobber" a lot more things than one would think).