Re: T43 very slow loading Acrobat and any acrobat PDF files...sometimes up to a minute wait (Cache problem?)

Angelo Campanella

I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
executable
Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
the auto-recognition system of XP.

The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.

I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu choice
that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans I
have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.

But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.

Any Thoughts?

Angelo Campanella.

Cydrome Leader

Angelo Campanella <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
> executable
> Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
> Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
> the auto-recognition system of XP.
>
> The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.
>
> I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
> reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu choice
> that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans I
> have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.
>
> But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.
>
> Any Thoughts?
>

> Angelo Campanella.

acrobat is a piece of **** is your problem.

Angelo Campanella

"Cydrome Leader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ilrbps$8jj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Angelo Campanella <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
>> executable
>> Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
>> Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
>> the auto-recognition system of XP.
>>
>> The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.
>>
>> I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
>> reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu
>> choice
>> that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans
>> have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.
>>
>> But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.
>>

> acrobat is a piece of **** is your problem.

Well, I routinely use a PDF reader and I also Routinely make up PDFs for
sending reports to my clients, so I really need that or equivalent.

What are my software alternatives?

Should I re-install them? What?

Ange

Cydrome Leader

Angelo Campanella <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Cydrome Leader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ilrbps$8jj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Angelo Campanella <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I'm perplexed as to why my Thinkpad T43, even after having loaded the
>>> executable
>>> Acrobat.exe(Acrobat 5) or Acroread32.exe(Acrobat 9) into RAM(?), either
>>> Acrobat is sooooo sloooowww in pulling up a PDF file, especially through
>>> the auto-recognition system of XP.
>>>
>>> The delay is long with either 1 gig or 2 gig of RAM active.
>>>
>>> I have both Acrobat 9 and Acrobat 5 available . A-9 is useful for
>>> reading newer PDF files. I still use A-5 as it has a "document" menu
>>> choice
>>> that allows crafting of new PDF file pages from various imagery and scans
>>> have on board to make a nice finished PDF document.
>>>
>>> But the loading-to-read delay is my biggest gripe.
>>>

>> acrobat is a piece of **** is your problem.

> Well, I routinely use a PDF reader and I also Routinely make up PDFs for
> sending reports to my clients, so I really need that or equivalent.
>
> What are my software alternatives?

foxit reader is slightly less obnoxious to just open PDF files- it doesn't
do the 100% CPU nonsense like acrobat reader.

I have no really good suggestion for a PDF writer though. I've tried a
bunch and they all suck more than the acrobat writer, which is also a
really bad product to start with.

> Should I re-install them? What?

try it.

josephkk

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:06:54 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Angelo Campanella <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Cydrome Leader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ilrbps$8jj$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> acrobat is a piece of **** is your problem.

>> Well, I routinely use a PDF reader and I also Routinely make up PDFs for
>> sending reports to my clients, so I really need that or equivalent.
>>
>> What are my software alternatives?

>foxit reader is slightly less obnoxious to just open PDF files- it doesn't
>do the 100% CPU nonsense like acrobat reader.
>
>I have no really good suggestion for a PDF writer though. I've tried a
>bunch and they all suck more than the acrobat writer, which is also a
>really bad product to start with.
>
>> Should I re-install them? What?

>try it.

Whe you do uninstall follow up with revo uninstaller, it cleans up the
residual mess left by typical uninstallers.

?-)