Re: tablet uses wacom pen but.... is it really like a wacom drawing tablet? need graphics light small long batt life..

Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]

Yes, its just like a Wacom drawing tablet, variable pen pressure and all.
As to the dream tablet, you'll find some excellent comparison lists here:

http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-slates.htm or
http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-convertibles.htm

I own a Motion M1400 and, for me, its an excellent fit. The only thing I
can think of I'd like to add to it would be the View Anywhere screen, though
I've yet to find myself in an environment where the existing display isn't
useable.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)

"ed sharpe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> tablet PC's use the wacom pen ( like the MOTION series) but.... is it
> really like a wacom drawing tablet that I can do variable preasure pen
> drawing work with if need be? ? need graphics light small long bat life..
> In other words... the dream tablet... any advise experience etc???
>
> --
> Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
>
> Please check our web site at
> http://www.smecc.org
> to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
> buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.
>
> address:
>
> coury house / smecc
> 5802 w palmaire ave
> glendale az 85301

terri

I use the ViewAnywhere M1400 almost exclusively when I'm using one of my
Tablets. The viewability is outstanding, even in bright sunlight. The best
part, though, is that the screen isn't dark when using indoors. That can
sometimes be a problem with multi-view screens.

I have no scratches at all on the screen. The only negative that I've found
is that it adds a few more ounces to the weight of the Tablet, but that's
something I happily live with to have the use of the Tablet anywhere I go.
--
Terri Stratton
Editor / Owner

"ed sharpe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> how effective is the view anywhere screen... how much of a difference is
> there?
>

> "Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, its just like a Wacom drawing tablet, variable pen pressure and all.
>> As to the dream tablet, you'll find some excellent comparison lists here:
>>
>> http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-slates.htm or
>> http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-convertibles.htm
>>
>> I own a Motion M1400 and, for me, its an excellent fit. The only thing I
>> can think of I'd like to add to it would be the View Anywhere screen,
>> though
>> I've yet to find myself in an environment where the existing display
>> isn't
>> useable.
>>
>> Hal
>> --
>> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
>> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
>> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
>> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>>
>> "ed sharpe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> tablet PC's use the wacom pen ( like the MOTION series) but.... is it
>>> really like a wacom drawing tablet that I can do variable preasure pen
>>> drawing work with if need be? ? need graphics light small long bat
>>> life..
>>> In other words... the dream tablet... any advise experience etc???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
>>>
>>> Please check our web site at
>>> http://www.smecc.org
>>> to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
>>> buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.
>>>
>>> address:
>>>
>>> coury house / smecc
>>> 5802 w palmaire ave
>>> glendale az 85301

Chris H.

Ed, I don't have a 1400, but have seen them. It is truly awesome.
Unfortunately, someone came along and asked for the Motion back, otherwise I
had designs on it. 8-)

As for the screens, there really isn't "dust" which gathers at all.
Remember, the majority of Tablet PCs are digital - not touch - and so your
hands are on the screen most of the time. The pens don't need a whole lot
of pressure, since the recognition is digital. There's little chance of
dust (or moss) gathering. 8-)
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"ed sharpe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> how effective is the view anywhere screen... how much of a difference is
> there?
>

> "Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, its just like a Wacom drawing tablet, variable pen pressure and all.
>> As to the dream tablet, you'll find some excellent comparison lists here:
>>
>> http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-slates.htm or
>> http://thetabletpc.net/comparison-convertibles.htm
>>
>> I own a Motion M1400 and, for me, its an excellent fit. The only thing I
>> can think of I'd like to add to it would be the View Anywhere screen,
>> though
>> I've yet to find myself in an environment where the existing display
>> isn't
>> useable.
>>
>> Hal
>> --
>> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
>> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
>> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
>> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>>
>> "ed sharpe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> tablet PC's use the wacom pen ( like the MOTION series) but.... is it
>>> really like a wacom drawing tablet that I can do variable preasure pen
>>> drawing work with if need be? ? need graphics light small long bat
>>> life..
>>> In other words... the dream tablet... any advise experience etc???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC
>>>
>>> Please check our web site at
>>> http://www.smecc.org
>>> to see other engineering fields, communications and computation stuff we
>>> buy, and by all means when in Arizona drop in and see us.
>>>
>>> address:
>>>
>>> coury house / smecc
>>> 5802 w palmaire ave
>>> glendale az 85301

JDThree [MVP]

On 12/30/2004 3:23:11 PM, "ed sharpe" wrote:
>ok a few more questions! would like to hear the opinion of folk that have
>used the higher end pda's with the handwriting recognition the real
>handwriting not the graffiti). how does this compare to TIP on the motion
>1400 or other comparable speed tablets? compare both speed and accuracy
>thanks in advance
> ed sharpe

I have an Ipaq 5555. In all the various input modes I've ever used with the
Ipaq, native or third party, none have satisfied me as much as the tablet
input, either the first version or the newer version in SP2.

I've been using various products that have handwriting recognition since they
first started appearing... None have worked anywhere near as well as the
tablet.

--
John