Re: Tablet with Windows XP Professional

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> Is there a way that I can add the tablet functionalities to XP
Professional without installing XP Tablet PC Edition? <<

Can you say more about your goals?

This is a yes/no question as xppro has _some_ tablet functionality that
can be activated plus other components which can be downloaded... albeit
not a good comparison with a full tablet running tablet edition.

Before I got my tablet, I did the above using an external tablet and was
able to experience some of the handwriting features, but, imho, it was
not a good comparison.

To do this, start windows help and search for "handwriting" which should
lead you to pointers on how to turn on what's already installed as well
as links to downloading components.

Further, investing in a wacom tablet and it's software might be a better
tool to meet your needs.

Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]