Re: taking a desktop through airport security

Peter Smith

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

<< Yeah, but he's talking about taking a desktop -- a non-working (no
monitor) desktop. >>

*sigh*

Yeah, so he is. I can only blame my long day yesterday as to why I missed
*that* one.

I'd suggest taking the hard drive out and bringing it with you in your
carry-on, putting the rest in checked baggage.. Not because of any damage
from the scanning equipment, rather to keep the drive safe from being
accidently dropped, crushed, or any of the other nasty things that can
happen around the heavy equipment used to load, unload, or generally service
aircraft. Everything can (usually) be easially replaced on a computer.
Everything but the data on the drives.

Peter Smith

Jonathan Eales

My son took a PC midi tower that I'd recently built through checked baggage.
No problems with airline or X-ray. Just wrapped it with dirty laundry in
his large suitcase. Came through it all without problems. Today's hard
drives are fairly shock resistant, though I'd back up any important data
beforehand though.

Jonathan

news:Wx3Ka.2394$(E-Mail Removed). com...