Re: I Think My GTX280 have problem

Skybuck Flying

Take a picture of your case, preferably inside so we can see if you had
enough ventilation in case... me curious about that !

Also these latest graphics cards seem to have plastic wrappers around
then... like a plastic case...

Me wonders about that... is that a good thing or bad thing ?

My initial though is:

1. Bad it prevents heat from going away.

but

2. It might also create a tunnel effect...

but I think I already have a tunnel effect in my pc... so the plastic might
not be needed... not sure though...

I hope these graphics cards builders known what their doing...

From your post this raises doubts !

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Qfox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> From like 3months while playing my Game (world of Warcraft) I got alot
> of Discounnect i know its Graphic problem But i thought if i download
> last update to my graphicCard problem will be fixed but still same ~ but
> after that .. last weeks see whats happen ..**i linked pic**
> '[image:
> http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/194...241955.th.jpg]'
> (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/img00024200909241955.jpg/)
> So i Just thought from heat .. i clean up little dust was around it ..
> n air come out was not hot .. but still have same problem .. so i
> thought i have like to formate my computer .. i formate it .. when i
> tryed Again still getting same problem .. so i wanna know b4 i go n get
> my self new grapgic Card cos last thing comes in my mind is "your
> GraphicCard is DEAD "
> so i wish if anyone got any idea about this problem n how to solve it
> or even tell me if its really dead or still have chance on it ..

timelord

That picture on the link is exatly the same effect i was getting when i had
a failing 7800GS AGP card. I had it warranty exchanged and it sorted the
problem.

Phil.

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7ab06$4abeefe0$d53372a9$(E-Mail Removed)1.n b.home.nl...
> Take a picture of your case, preferably inside so we can see if you had
> enough ventilation in case... me curious about that !
>
> Also these latest graphics cards seem to have plastic wrappers around
> then... like a plastic case...
>
> Me wonders about that... is that a good thing or bad thing ?
>
> My initial though is:
>
> 1. Bad it prevents heat from going away.
>
> but
>
> 2. It might also create a tunnel effect...
>
> but I think I already have a tunnel effect in my pc... so the plastic
> might not be needed... not sure though...
>
> I hope these graphics cards builders known what their doing...
>
> From your post this raises doubts !
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
> "Qfox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> From like 3months while playing my Game (world of Warcraft) I got alot
>> of Discounnect i know its Graphic problem But i thought if i download
>> last update to my graphicCard problem will be fixed but still same ~ but
>> after that .. last weeks see whats happen ..**i linked pic**
>> '[image:
>> http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/194...241955.th.jpg]'
>> (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/img00024200909241955.jpg/)
>> So i Just thought from heat .. i clean up little dust was around it ..
>> n air come out was not hot .. but still have same problem .. so i
>> thought i have like to formate my computer .. i formate it .. when i
>> tryed Again still getting same problem .. so i wanna know b4 i go n get
>> my self new grapgic Card cos last thing comes in my mind is "your
>> GraphicCard is DEAD "
>> so i wish if anyone got any idea about this problem n how to solve it
>> or even tell me if its really dead or still have chance on it ..

Skybuck Flying

"Qfox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> so i just Go n buy new one .. cos warrenty time has ben expirad

Sounds kinda surprising to me... how much warranty time did you get for the
card ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Junior Member
Location: Czech republic

Some claim "lifelong" warranty, as BFG, but the fact is, that since their card turned DOA, they refuse to answer my RMA requests... So much for "lifelong". Perhaps that is valid only for USA residents, while my card was bought in US, yet used in Europe...