Re: ThinkPad and Mandriva 2008, microphone problem

Peter Lemken

tidy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have installed Mandriva 2008 on my ThinkPad R61i. I connected an external
> headphone with a microphone and used with gnome-sound-recorder with good
> result.
>
> After an update of the system the microphone is no more working, the sound
> is ok.

I suggest subscribing to forum.mandriva.com where really helpful people hang
around.

Peter Lemken

Nature abhors crude hacks.

Peter Lemken

tidy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> tidy wrote:
>> If I get a solution for the problem I'll post here to share it with other
>> ThinkPad owners.
>> Bye :-)
>>

> The microphone starts again to work after upgrade to Mandriva cooker.
> Some other things are working now. For example special keys and internal
> bluetooth. I'm not a system programmer, so thanks to them for the great job
> they are doing.

I am surprised about that, since Cooker is now the upcoming 2009 version and
it is to be expected that in the course of this development there will be a
lot of breakage. Unless you are a developer with deep knowledge you should
not use Cooker at this early stage.

2008.1 has just been released and I am rather confident that it will work
for you. You can up/downgrade to this barely 1 week old brand new release
yuite easily and I think you should do that.

Peter Lemken

Nature abhors crude hacks.