Re: Unlocking ASUS bios OC features?

Paul

Strutter wrote:
> Hi guys, can someone please tell me how to unlock the overclocking /
> advanced features in the bios of my M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard, as there
> isn't any options to change the FSB or any of the other options. I've tried
> some key combinations like Contrl & F1 but nothing has worked.
>
> Thanks

On Newegg, in a review -

"Also worth noting that this thing seems to be able to underclock
your CPU, but not overclock it"

That board is intended for building cheap business computers, it isn't
an overclocker board. And in the Asus CPUSupport tables, the 6000+ and
6400+ processors are not supported, and interpreting that, it looks
like the Vcore regulator doesn't have enough power to support them.
That is what I notice, when looking at this table.

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/c...MX%20SE%20PLUS

The manual is here, and the only settings are in the "AMD Overclocking
Configuration" page. Multiplier and voltage, which would indeed be
mainly useful for underclocking (cooler running system). I don't see
anything to set the CPU input clock.

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...MX_SE_PLUS.zip

Paul