Re: Videp Card For Windows Apps

Benjamin Gawert

Am 28.03.2010 13:17, * goldy:
> I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
> Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games. I AM Using A ATI
> AIW X1900 At This Time And It Seems OK For That I Do. Would It Pay To
> Spend A Lot On A New Video Card Like The HD 5870. Any Input
> Appreciated.

As no-one has really answered your question: no, it wouldn't pay. If
your X1900 is still working there is no need to spend any money on a new
gfx card.

Ben

Benjamin Gawert

Am 30.03.2010 21:05, * goldy:

You originally wrote:
"I Use Windows XP And Other Applications Like Excel And Word. Also Do
Some Video Editing But That's About It , No Games."

None of these applications are demanding enough to make any difference
on any card made since the last 10 years or so, unless "video editing"
means using one of the very few programs which come with some useful GPU
support.

If I remember right the 2600XT uses more power than your X1900, in which
case you better keep your current card.

Or you can sell both cards on ebay and get a entry level card like a
Radeon 4300 series which draws even less power and could be passively
cooled.

Ben