Re: Vista and BIOS not reading RAM

Ben Myers

Does the motherboard BIOS show the added memory? What is the total amount of
memory you think you have in the system? How much memory was in the system
originally. Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista? I have been told that
32-bit Vista is limited to 3GB max, but I do not play much with Vista so I do
not know for sure. Not sure how 32-bit Vista operates when confronted with
4GB... Ben Myers

On Thu, 15 May 2008 18:17:43 -0500, Danny J <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>On my GM5638E. I just put in 2 1gb sticks and nothing is picking it up.
>I made sure that it was installed correctly and everything and no show.
>Does anyone know the reason or how i can make it see the extra 2gb (or
>1.5 as i see most vista32bit owners have)

Postman Delivers

Ben Myers used his keyboard to write :
> Does the motherboard BIOS show the added memory? What is the total amount
> of memory you think you have in the system? How much memory was in the
> system originally. Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Vista? I have been
> told that 32-bit Vista is limited to 3GB max, but I do not play much with
> Vista so I do not know for sure. Not sure how 32-bit Vista operates when
> confronted with 4GB... Ben Myers

* * *
Ben,

All 32 bit operating systems are the same... 3 gigs is good 4 gigs is
fir a 64-bit operating system...

When running in 32bit mode you are going to only have ~3.2 GB available
(in both Linux and Windows). This is a extremely common complaint and
is caused by limitations in legacy x86 hardware. This is explained at
the website below among many other places:

JR the postman

Ben Myers

That's what I thought and what other comments elsewhere say. Thank you... Ben