Re: WANTED: Portable Media Drives for Gateway

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
JoeyAnyc typed on Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:10:50 -0500:
> My Gateway computer came with the bay for Portable Media Drives.
> However, I can not find these anywhere. They should have replaced
> the bay with something else, **** Best Buy!!!
>
> Does anyone have any they would like to sell?
> Please respond.
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> Joey
>
> PS - I would like the 160GB drives, however I'll take any size.

I can't think of what those portable media drives are, except for flash
drives. If that is what they are for, they are all over the place. My
Gateways and EeePCs can use SD flash drives. I have lots of them.
Unfortunately the one in my two 2006 Gateways can only read up to 1GB
flash drives. While my five EeePCs can use up 32GB flash drives.

--
Bill
Windows XP Home SP3 (5.1.2600)

Ken Whiton

*-* On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, at 05:59:01 -0500,
*-* In Article h4eouh$n6t$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org,
*-* BillW50 wrote
*-* About Re: WANTED: Portable Media Drives for Gateway

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> JoeyAnyc typed on Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:10:50 -0500:
>> My Gateway computer came with the bay for Portable Media Drives.
>> However, I can not find these anywhere. They should have replaced
>> the bay with something else, **** Best Buy!!!

>> Does anyone have any they would like to sell?
>> Please respond.

>> Thanks so much.

>> PS - I would like the 160GB drives, however I'll take any size.

> I can't think of what those portable media drives are, except for
> flash drives.

No, this is what the OP is referring to:

http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-Portab.../dp/B000ZUTU9C

> If that is what they are for, they are all over the
> place. My Gateways and EeePCs can use SD flash drives. I have lots
> of them. Unfortunately the one in my two 2006 Gateways can only read
> up to 1GB flash drives. While my five EeePCs can use up 32GB flash
> drives.

From that Amazon page:

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

That seems to be the situation with every vendor that has a listing
for it, and there are none listed on eBay. :-(

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: (E-Mail Removed) (remove the obvious to reply)

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Ken Whiton typed on Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:09:12 -0400:
> *-* On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, at 05:59:01 -0500,
> *-* In Article h4eouh$n6t$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org,
> *-* BillW50 wrote
> *-* About Re: WANTED: Portable Media Drives for Gateway
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> JoeyAnyc typed on Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:10:50 -0500:
>>> My Gateway computer came with the bay for Portable Media Drives.
>>> However, I can not find these anywhere. They should have replaced
>>> the bay with something else, **** Best Buy!!!

>>> Does anyone have any they would like to sell?
>>> Please respond.

>>> Thanks so much.

>>> PS - I would like the 160GB drives, however I'll take any size.

>> I can't think of what those portable media drives are, except for
>> flash drives.

> No, this is what the OP is referring to:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-Portab.../dp/B000ZUTU9C
>
>> If that is what they are for, they are all over the
>> place. My Gateways and EeePCs can use SD flash drives. I have lots
>> of them. Unfortunately the one in my two 2006 Gateways can only read
>> up to 1GB flash drives. While my five EeePCs can use up 32GB flash
>> drives.

> From that Amazon page:
>
> "Currently unavailable.
> We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
>
> That seems to be the situation with every vendor that has a listing
> for it, and there are none listed on eBay. :-(
>
> Ken Whiton
> --
> FIDO: 1:132/152
> InterNet: (E-Mail Removed) (remove the obvious to reply)

Oh that's just a common 160GB USB 2.5 inch hard drive. You can get those
anywhere. As long as you don't need the Gateway name plate. <grin>

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2

Ken Whiton

*-* On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, at 16:36:32 -0500,
*-* In Article <h4ii93$fjh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
*-* BillW50 wrote
*-* About Re: WANTED: Portable Media Drives for Gateway

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Ken Whiton typed on Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:09:12 -0400:
>> *-* BillW50 wrote

>>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>>> JoeyAnyc typed on Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:10:50 -0500:

>>> I can't think of what those portable media drives are, except for
>>> flash drives.

>> No, this is what the OP is referring to:

>> http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-Portab.../dp/B000ZUTU9C

>>> If that is what they are for, they are all over the
>>> place. My Gateways and EeePCs can use SD flash drives. I have lots
>>> of them. Unfortunately the one in my two 2006 Gateways can only
>>> read up to 1GB flash drives. While my five EeePCs can use up 32GB
>>> flash drives.

>> From that Amazon page:

>> "Currently unavailable.
>> We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

>> That seems to be the situation with every vendor that has a listing
>> for it, and there are none listed on eBay. :-(

> Oh that's just a common 160GB USB 2.5 inch hard drive. You can get
> those anywhere. As long as you don't need the Gateway name plate.
> <grin>

... Or the ability to utilize the "docking" bay that's built into
certain models of Gateway computers. From that same Amazon page:

"Gateway desktop compatibility: This drive is fully compatible with
Gateway desktops that feature the portable media drive bay. Simply
slide the drive into the bay to back up files or transfer large
amounts of data."

Ken Whiton