Re: Which Dell notebook has the best battery life?

Joe3301955@aol.com

In 2008 my son got a Dell Latitude D830 (15”) for college with a 9 cell primary battery and a 6 cell battery as the secondary battery that swapped out with the CD drive. I am sure he is getting at least 7 hours not being on power saving mode. Every year he would get a new set of batteries and it seems the 90 watt charger would last only a year also, so expect it and plan for it. I offered to get him a battery slice that attaches to the bottom, he did not want it. The new Dell Latitudes (14” & 15”) offer a secondary 3 cell battery that fits in the cd drive slot, in addition to a battery slice.
This year we will be buying a Lenovo and it has no secondary battery like Dell, (unless you want the battery slice) but hey, it is what he wants.