Re: windows explorer "search" is useless on my T43... help!

Anthony R. Gold

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:29:08 -0400, "Angelo Campanella"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I know it has done some indexing in the past, but that talent is now dead.
>
> So far, I have usually skipped to the bottom of that page to "Search
> Companion" (the little doggie in the window) that always worked in the past
> and to this day for finding lost files).
>
> Please, someone, tell me how make this beast do something useful.

Open My Computer, right click on the symbol of the C: drive and left click on
Properties. At the bottom of the first General tabbed page are two boxes for
enabling compression and indexing. Check the indexing box. If it is already
checked then uncheck it first and then check it. And later, in answer to the
prompt, agree to allow indexing of all the sub-directories.

Tony

MD34

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:35:07 +0100, "Anthony R. Gold" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:29:08 -0400, "Angelo Campanella"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I know it has done some indexing in the past, but that talent is now dead.
>>
>> So far, I have usually skipped to the bottom of that page to "Search
>> Companion" (the little doggie in the window) that always worked in the past
>> and to this day for finding lost files).
>>
>> Please, someone, tell me how make this beast do something useful.

>Open My Computer, right click on the symbol of the C: drive and left click on
>Properties. At the bottom of the first General tabbed page are two boxes for
>enabling compression and indexing. Check the indexing box. If it is already
>checked then uncheck it first and then check it. And later, in answer to the
>prompt, agree to allow indexing of all the sub-directories.
>
>Tony

Isn't there also a process that needs to be running for the indexing to work?