Re: XP on an I3/I5/I7

Barry Watzman

Re: "Can 32-bit XP run on a 64-bit I3/I5/I7 ?" ... Yes.

There are no (--NO--) "64-bit only" x86 processors. Whether you run
32-bit or 64-bit on a 64-bit CPU is a function of the OS (there are,
however, some 32-bit only processors).

The second paragraph your question ("Will there be any compatibility
problems with 32-bit software running on Windows 7 ?") is vague to the
point of being unclear. Do you mean under a 64-bit OS or under a 32-bit
OS? What OS are you running? What OS were the programs written for?

If the running OS and the OS for which the program was written, AND the
"bitedness" (we need a better term for that) of the program and the
native OS do not match, then yes, there is a chance of compatibility
problems. Doesn't mean that there will be problems, but there could be.
Even "XP mode" is not a 100.0% guarantee that there won't be any problems.