are doing nothing. I have gone into Sytems Prefs/ Desktop &
Screensavers, hit the Hot Corners button and everything looks as
before with my chioices for the Hot Corners just what I want. But
nothing's happening when I move the cursor into any of the corners.

Is there some way that one can inadvertently deactivate Hot Corners
function and if so, how do I turn it back on? \

I am on a MacBook Pro using OS X 10.5.4

Lkawazu

On 2009-02-04 19:05:47 +0100, Skookum <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> For no reason apparent to me, my Hot Corners are no longer hot, i.e.
> are doing nothing. I have gone into Sytems Prefs/ Desktop &
> Screensavers, hit the Hot Corners button and everything looks as
> before with my chioices for the Hot Corners just what I want. But
> nothing's happening when I move the cursor into any of the corners.
>
> Is there some way that one can inadvertently deactivate Hot Corners
> function and if so, how do I turn it back on? \
>
> I am on a MacBook Pro using OS X 10.5.4

Hi Skookum,

Sounds like there is a corrupted entry in the Dock's preference file.
I suggest you move the 'com.apple.dock.plist' file you will find in
your ~/Library/Preferences folder, and place it on the Desktop for
example.
Then, log out from the affected user session, and then back in.
You have to know that other properties for the Dock (i.e. size,
magnification, etc...) will be lost, and you will have to enable Hot
Corners again, but this time it should behave poperly.

Hope this helps...

Skookum

On Feb 4, 9:35*pm, "Steve W. Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> In article <4989e4a7$0$28669$(E-Mail Removed)-internet.fr>,
>

> *Lkawazu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > On 2009-02-04 19:05:47 +0100, Skookum <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> > > For no reason apparent to me, my Hot Corners are no longer hot, i.e.
> > > are doing nothing. I have gone into Sytems Prefs/ Desktop &
> > > Screensavers, hit the Hot Corners button and everything looks as
> > > before with my chioices for the Hot Corners just what I want. But
> > > nothing's happening when I move the cursor into any of the corners.

> > > Is there some way that one can inadvertently deactivate Hot Corners
> > > function and if so, how do I turn it back on? \

> > > I am on a MacBook Pro using OS X 10.5.4

> > Hi Skookum,

> > Sounds like there is a corrupted entry in the Dock's preference file.
> > I suggest you move the 'com.apple.dock.plist' file you will find in
> > your ~/Library/Preferences folder, and place it on the Desktop for
> > example.
> > Then, log out from the affected user session, and then back in.
> > You have to know that other properties for the Dock (i.e. size,
> > magnification, etc...) will be lost, and you will have to enable Hot
> > Corners again, but this time it should behave poperly.

> > Hope this helps...

> Except that Hot Corners settings aren't stored in the Dock's plist
> file...
> --
> Steve W. Jackson
> Montgomery, Alabama

Do you know where they are stored or have another suggestion?

Skookum

On Feb 4, 6:55*pm, Lkawazu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2009-02-04 19:05:47 +0100, Skookum <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > For no reason apparent to me, my Hot Corners are no longer hot, i.e.
> > are doing nothing. I have gone into Sytems Prefs/ Desktop &
> > Screensavers, hit the Hot Corners button and everything looks as
> > before with my chioices for the Hot Corners just what I want. But
> > nothing's happening when I move the cursor into any of the corners.

> > Is there some way that one can inadvertently deactivate Hot Corners
> > function and if so, how do I turn it back on? \

> > I am on a MacBook Pro using OS X 10.5.4

> Hi Skookum,
>
> Sounds like there is a corrupted entry in the Dock's preference file.
> I suggest you move the 'com.apple.dock.plist' file you will find in
> your ~/Library/Preferences folder, and place it on the Desktop for
> example.
> Then, log out from the affected user session, and then back in.
> You have to know that other properties for the Dock (i.e. size,
> magnification, etc...) will be lost, and you will have to enable Hot
> Corners again, but this time it should behave poperly.
>
> Hope this helps...

I could not spot any such named file either in Library preferences
folder or elsewhere.

Lkawazu

On 2009-02-05 00:25:36 +0100, Skookum <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> On Feb 4, 6:55*pm, Lkawazu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 2009-02-04 19:05:47 +0100, Skookum <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> For no reason apparent to me, my Hot Corners are no longer hot, i.e.
>>> are doing nothing. I have gone into Sytems Prefs/ Desktop &
>>> Screensavers, hit the Hot Corners button and everything looks as
>>> before with my chioices for the Hot Corners just what I want. But
>>> nothing's happening when I move the cursor into any of the corners.

>>> Is there some way that one can inadvertently deactivate Hot Corners
>>> function and if so, how do I turn it back on? \

>>> I am on a MacBook Pro using OS X 10.5.4

>> Hi Skookum,
>>
>> Sounds like there is a corrupted entry in the Dock's preference file.
>> I suggest you move the 'com.apple.dock.plist' file you will find in
>> your ~/Library/Preferences folder, and place it on the Desktop for
>> example.
>> Then, log out from the affected user session, and then back in.
>> You have to know that other properties for the Dock (i.e. size,
>> magnification, etc...) will be lost, and you will have to enable Hot
>> Corners again, but this time it should behave poperly.
>>
>> Hope this helps...

> I could not spot any such named file either in Library preferences
> folder or elsewhere.

Make sure you go to your User's Library folder, usually /Macintosh
HD/Users/username/Library/Preferences/
If your Dock operates properly, the file has to be there...

Re: HOT HOT HOT BoB AOpen 1 11-02-2003 12:20 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT BoB Asus 1 11-02-2003 12:20 PM
Virus Virus Virus, Was: HOT HOT HOT Don Taylor Abit 0 11-01-2003 11:23 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT David H. Lipman AOpen 0 11-01-2003 09:58 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT David H. Lipman Chaintech 0 11-01-2003 09:58 PM