Humphrey_Bogart

Hi All,
I have recently built a new pc but am faced with a problem that I just
cannot figure out......
my machine is as follows

amd 64 3500+ processor
asus a9n-e motherboard with built in realtec ac97 sound
hitachi 80 gb hd
xfx 6800gt pcie g.card
pioneer dvd/cd rw

theyre the basics, my problem lies within the ac97 sound I think.
Whenever I changed the volume with the icon on the taskbar my pc speaker
bleeps and I dont get the chimes like I used to ?
Ive been into all the bios settings and cannot find anything with regards to
the sound.
I have even muted the pc speaker in the sound settings but that makes no
difference.
any help on this little but annoying problem would be most appreciated.
thanx HB

Humphrey_Bogart

"Humphrey_Bogart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JvVWe.8038$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> I have recently built a new pc but am faced with a problem that I just
> cannot figure out......
> my machine is as follows
>
> amd 64 3500+ processor
> asus a9n-e motherboard with built in realtec ac97 sound
> hitachi 80 gb hd
> xfx 6800gt pcie g.card
> pioneer dvd/cd rw
>
> theyre the basics, my problem lies within the ac97 sound I think.
> Whenever I changed the volume with the icon on the taskbar my pc speaker
> bleeps and I dont get the chimes like I used to ?
> Ive been into all the bios settings and cannot find anything with regards
> to the sound.
> I have even muted the pc speaker in the sound settings but that makes no
> difference.
> any help on this little but annoying problem would be most appreciated.
> thanx HB

Another thing I forgot to add is whenever I go into a game the pc speaker
bleeps not constantly just whenever it feels like it
cheers

(Asus) Realtec HD Audio Mngr. Puddin' Man Asus 15 05-31-2010 11:05 PM
Re: Realtec HD Audio lässt sich auf GA-MA78G-DS3H Paul Gigabyte 0 10-08-2008 08:54 PM
AC97 on-board sound not detected - BE7-RAID R. J. Salvi Abit 8 01-06-2005 12:38 AM
SBLive or AC97 Kevin C. Abit 1 10-22-2004 10:53 AM
P3B-1394 's AC97 codec nospam Asus 0 02-13-2004 03:53 PM