wayneP

I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
system.

I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.

Wayne

stanmc

wayneP wrote:
> I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of August
> and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in their
> system.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer during
> the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
>
> Wayne

I mailed mine on the 10th of September for a Soyo K7VME Barebones Kit. I
still can't get verification when I go to www.verifyrebate.com. One
thread in here indicates that a rebate application mailed in April or
May was finally processed in mid to late October. That seems to be a
little longer <g> than 8 weeks. There is a disclaimer/info block that
says the following ---

No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you
enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you
registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last
name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8
weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more
than 10 weeks, please contact us at (E-Mail Removed) for further
assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.

----
The bad English in the quote above is not due to my editing. I'm going
to e-mail them at (E-Mail Removed). I'm still impressed with the
product. Seems they had so many rebates that they can't keep up.

wayneP

Thanx stanmc,

I think I saw that thread but I don't have it anymore. It seems that this
newsgroup automatically compacts and I lose threads more than a couple weeks
old.

I sent a note to (E-Mail Removed) today but they indicate that one should
allow 2 business days for a reply. That being the case, I don't expect a
reply before Tues or Wed.

Wayne

"stanmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FR7jd.16982$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> wayneP wrote:
> > I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of

August
> > and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in

their
> > system.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer

during
> > the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
> >
> > Wayne
> >

> I mailed mine on the 10th of September for a Soyo K7VME Barebones Kit. I
> still can't get verification when I go to www.verifyrebate.com. One
> thread in here indicates that a rebate application mailed in April or
> May was finally processed in mid to late October. That seems to be a
> little longer <g> than 8 weeks. There is a disclaimer/info block that
> says the following ---
>
> No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you
> enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you
> registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last
> name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8
> weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more
> than 10 weeks, please contact us at (E-Mail Removed) for further
> assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.
>
> ----
> The bad English in the quote above is not due to my editing. I'm going
> to e-mail them at (E-Mail Removed). I'm still impressed with the
> product. Seems they had so many rebates that they can't keep up.

Bill

Below is their reply to E-Mails after 21 weeks

We would like to apologize for the delay. Your rebate has not been
processed. Please keep checking www.verifyrebate.com to check on your
status. Thank you for your patience.

"wayneP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cCajd.83966$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanx stanmc,
>
> I think I saw that thread but I don't have it anymore. It seems that this
> newsgroup automatically compacts and I lose threads more than a couple

weeks
> old.
>
> I sent a note to (E-Mail Removed) today but they indicate that one

should
> allow 2 business days for a reply. That being the case, I don't expect a
> reply before Tues or Wed.
>
> Wayne
>
> "stanmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FR7jd.16982$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > wayneP wrote:
> > > I purchased a Sy-P4I865PE Plus v 1.0 mobo through Newgg at the end of

> August
> > > and mailed the rebate documentation on Sept 7. I still don't appear in

> their
> > > system.
> > >
> > > I was wondering if anyone else taking advantage of the Newegg offer

> during
> > > the time frame in question has heard anything from SOYOUSA.
> > >
> > > Wayne
> > >

> > I mailed mine on the 10th of September for a Soyo K7VME Barebones Kit. I
> > still can't get verification when I go to www.verifyrebate.com. One
> > thread in here indicates that a rebate application mailed in April or
> > May was finally processed in mid to late October. That seems to be a
> > little longer <g> than 8 weeks. There is a disclaimer/info block that
> > says the following ---
> >
> > No record was found with the given information. Please make sure you
> > enter the correct information that was used on the rebate form. If you
> > registered your rebate online, please check your status with your last
> > name and reference number. If you mailed in your rebate form less than 8
> > weeks, please try again later. If you mailed in your rebate form more
> > than 10 weeks, please contact us at (E-Mail Removed) for further
> > assistance. Please allow 1-2 business to respond to your inquiry.
> >
> > ----
> > The bad English in the quote above is not due to my editing. I'm going
> > to e-mail them at (E-Mail Removed). I'm still impressed with the
> > product. Seems they had so many rebates that they can't keep up.

dave AKA vwdoc1

Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:

"Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)

Best Regards,
Rebate Department
SOYO Inc.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Below is their reply to E-Mails after 21 weeks
>
> We would like to apologize for the delay. Your rebate has not been
> processed. Please keep checking www.verifyrebate.com to check on your
> status. Thank you for your patience.

Arnie Goetchius

I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I
originally applied on 3/29.

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:
>
> "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
> for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."
>
> I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)
>
> Best Regards,
> Rebate Department
> SOYO Inc.
>

> "Bill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Below is their reply to E-Mails after 21 weeks
>>
>>We would like to apologize for the delay. Your rebate has not been
>>processed. Please keep checking www.verifyrebate.com to check on your
>>status. Thank you for your patience.

dave AKA vwdoc1

"Arnie Goetchius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uKfjd.72947$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I originally
>applied on 3/29.
>

> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:
>>
>> "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3 weeks
>> for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."
>>
>> I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Rebate Department
>> SOYO Inc.

Well my fingers are crossed and so is my attitude with Soyo. lol
I have never had to wait so long for a rebate check to get to me. Seems
like almost a year. :-(

wayneP

I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine print.
Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the program,
not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one with a
date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info, it
will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary of
the purchase, before I see my rebates.

This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg deal
and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will ever
buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.

Wayne

"dave AKA vwdoc1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1Orjd.20477$(E-Mail Removed). com...

> "Arnie Goetchius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uKfjd.72947$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I received the same email on 9/16 and the check arrived 9/27. I

originally
> >applied on 3/29.
> >

> > dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> >> Well I emailed Soyo and finally got this on Nov. 1:
> >>
> >> "Our records indicate that you have been approved. Please allow 2-3

weeks
> >> for your check to be received. We apologize for any inconvenience."
> >>
> >> I have been waiting over 4 months so far, but still hopeful. ;-)
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >> Rebate Department
> >> SOYO Inc.

> Well my fingers are crossed and so is my attitude with Soyo. lol
> I have never had to wait so long for a rebate check to get to me. Seems
> like almost a year. :-(

stanmc

wayneP wrote:
> I got my canned answer from SOYO a while ago. I miss read the fine print.
> Rebates aren't due until 12-14 weeks after the postmark date of the program,
> not from the date the paperwork is mailed. There were 2 rebates, one with a
> date of Oct 1 and the other with a date of Oct 26. Going from this info, it
> will be well into 2005, and may even approach the one year anniversary of
> the purchase, before I see my rebates.
>
> This is truly unacceptable; I have never had to wait like this for ANY
> rebate. However, there isn't much to be done about this circumstance. I
> happened to be looking for a P4 mobo and just stumbled on the Newegg deal
> and I wasn't depending on the rebates It is highly unlikely that I will ever
> buy, or recommend, any Soyo products in the future.
>
> Wayne

---snip---

I am glad to some degree that I didn't know this up front or I might not
have bought the K7VME Barebones kit. - I'm very pleased with the product.

How is your P4 Mobo working out?

The Athlon board and case with keyboard and mouse are working just fine.
The purchase price was $109.99 plus ship/handling and tax $132.71. $90
rebate makes it $42.71.

wayneP

stanmc,

I haven't installed the board yet although I have everything I need except
the cpu to build a P4 system during the Winter. I haven't made up my mind
between a P4 Northwood, aP4 Prescott and a Celeron D, but if I wait much
longer I may not find a reasonably priced Northwood core cpu. Since I don't
do any gaming or graphics intensive computing, the Celeron Ds will probably
be more than adequate. They are fairly inexpensive and are apparently very
forgiving of overclocking.

Wayne

news:XgTjd.17455$(E-Mail Removed) om...