How to reboot laptop?

John

I purchased a Gateway 9300 solo laptop not long ago. I've been having some
problems with it of late. I'm trying to install an external mouse, but I
need to reboot in order for the OP to detect it. The onboard mouse isn't
working any more. I'm not able to shut down the computer properly, because I
have no mouse. If I simply switch it off (and than on again) it won't detect
the mouse because the computer was not shut down properly.

On the other hand if I can simply reboot it - it should detect the mouse.
The problem is I cannot find the reboot button. I looked at the manual but
it was no help. Does anybody know how to reboot this laptop? Thanks for any
help.

Marion Mckenna

Alt+F4 will give you a shutdown screen then use your keys to reboot.
Good luck
Marion
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I purchased a Gateway 9300 solo laptop not long ago. I've been having some
> problems with it of late. I'm trying to install an external mouse, but I
> need to reboot in order for the OP to detect it. The onboard mouse isn't
> working any more. I'm not able to shut down the computer properly, because

> have no mouse. If I simply switch it off (and than on again) it won't

detect
> the mouse because the computer was not shut down properly.
>
> On the other hand if I can simply reboot it - it should detect the mouse.
> The problem is I cannot find the reboot button. I looked at the manual but
> it was no help. Does anybody know how to reboot this laptop? Thanks for

any
> help.

C.Joseph Drayton

Hi John,

Press the [Microsoft] key and the start menu will pop up. Use the cursor keys to navigate the menu and the [Enter] key to choose
option.

--
Ciao . . .
C.Joseph