Reboot at shutdown

Ken Couser

Hi, I am having a problem with my new FIC motherboard based system.
When I try to shutdown Win2K it does a restart instead. Here are the
specs on the system.
FIC P4-865PE MAX
Intel P4 2.6GHz (800 MHz FSB)
256 MB RAM - PC2100 DDR
GeForce2 MX440 Video - 64MB
USRobotics v.94 Modem
Win2K Pro

When I select shutdown from the Start menu the system acts like it is
shutting down, delays for a few seconds, then restarts itself. The
only way short of unplugging the power supply to turn it off is to
press and hold the power switch during the momentary delay.

Does anybody have any ideas? TIA, Ken.

Fred Bluntstone

On 12 Nov 2003 15:32:12 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Ken Couser) wrote:

>Hi, I am having a problem with my new FIC motherboard based system.
>When I try to shutdown Win2K it does a restart instead. Here are the
>specs on the system.
>FIC P4-865PE MAX
>Intel P4 2.6GHz (800 MHz FSB)
>256 MB RAM - PC2100 DDR
>GeForce2 MX440 Video - 64MB
>USRobotics v.94 Modem
>Win2K Pro
>
>When I select shutdown from the Start menu the system acts like it is
>shutting down, delays for a few seconds, then restarts itself. The
>only way short of unplugging the power supply to turn it off is to
>press and hold the power switch during the momentary delay.
>
>Does anybody have any ideas? TIA, Ken.

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

Good place to start.