Reccommendations for buying a Dell Battery in U.K.

Brian

Hi All.
I have to replace my battery on my Inspiron 1720 it has died after 3 years
so cant complain.
I have looked at various sellers both commercial and on E Bay. Some seem
too cheap while others are quite expensive. They all offer a 1 year
guarantee. Has anyone bought a battery in the UK recently? or has a
reccommendation?
TIA
Brian

Peter Greenstein

I replaced my Dell M1530's battery with an "Agptek" brand from Amazon.com:
http://tinyurl.com/4qwt9zu Sorry that this is the US availability. I think I
paid about $36. I got the heavy duty one that props up the back of the
laptop and that gives better air circulation.

I'm quite happy with mine. It's about 1 1/2 years old and seems to still be
holding its charge well.

--
Peter Greenstein
http://www.wakefieldjazz.com/

news:ikqlcf$l2b$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Hi All.
> I have to replace my battery on my Inspiron 1720 it has died after 3 years
> so cant complain.
> I have looked at various sellers both commercial and on E Bay. Some seem
> too cheap while others are quite expensive. They all offer a 1 year
> guarantee. Has anyone bought a battery in the UK recently? or has a
> reccommendation?
> TIA
> Brian

Brian

"Peter Greenstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ikqujk$e08$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I replaced my Dell M1530's battery with an "Agptek" brand from Amazon.com:
>http://tinyurl.com/4qwt9zu Sorry that this is the US availability. I think
>I paid about $36. I got the heavy duty one that props up the back of the
>laptop and that gives better air circulation.
>
> I'm quite happy with mine. It's about 1 1/2 years old and seems to still
> be holding its charge well.
>
> --
> Peter Greenstein
> http://www.wakefieldjazz.com/

Thanks for your reply Peter
I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720

I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over 100
So I will keep looking
Kind regards
Brian

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ikqlcf$l2b$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Hi All.
>> I have to replace my battery on my Inspiron 1720 it has died after 3
>> years so cant complain.
>> I have looked at various sellers both commercial and on E Bay. Some seem
>> too cheap while others are quite expensive. They all offer a 1 year
>> guarantee. Has anyone bought a battery in the UK recently? or has a
>> reccommendation?
>> TIA
>> Brian

Peter Greenstein

news:ikt5hq$teh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> Thanks for your reply Peter
> I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720
>>

> I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over 100
> So I will keep looking
> Kind regards
> Brian

Yes, it does appear that the "Agptek" brand is not marketed in Britain. Who
knows where all these no-name products are made? Probably some of same
factories that Dell contracts with.

I think that you can take a chance on one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...p+1720&x=0&y=0.

What's the worse thing that could happen? For the price Dell wants you could
buy three!

peter

Brian

"Peter Greenstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iktlb0$3i5$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ikt5hq$teh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>

>> Thanks for your reply Peter
>> I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720
>>>

>> I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over 100
>> So I will keep looking
>> Kind regards
>> Brian

> Yes, it does appear that the "Agptek" brand is not marketed in Britain.
> Who knows where all these no-name products are made? Probably some of same
> factories that Dell contracts with.
>
> I think that you can take a chance on one of these:
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...p+1720&x=0&y=0.
>
> What's the worse thing that could happen? For the price Dell wants you
> could buy three!
>
> peter Thanks again Peter.

As I haven't had any other reccommendations
I am going for the one from Trent the reviews are mainly positive.
Regards
Brian

Michael Arm

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:36:46 -0000, "Brian"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Peter Greenstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:iktlb0$3i5$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ikt5hq$teh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>>

>>> Thanks for your reply Peter
>>> I have looked at Amazon UK but cant see that Battery for the 1720
>>>>
>>> I did think of getting one from Dell but they want over 100
>>> So I will keep looking
>>> Kind regards
>>> Brian

>> Yes, it does appear that the "Agptek" brand is not marketed in Britain.
>> Who knows where all these no-name products are made? Probably some of same
>> factories that Dell contracts with.
>>
>> I think that you can take a chance on one of these:
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...p+1720&x=0&y=0.
>>
>> What's the worse thing that could happen? For the price Dell wants you
>> could buy three!
>>
>> peter Thanks again Peter.

> As I haven't had any other reccommendations
>I am going for the one from Trent the reviews are mainly positive.
>Regards
>Brian

http://www.laptop-battery-shop.co.uk...35970b2f19e1a5

Do know how good/bad they are, but another option.