Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Recomendations for a quality Mobo

 
 
aamalama@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Can anyone recommend a quality mobo and also what CPU to buy so that I
can get best bang for buck. I want to use it video and photo editing,
surfing web, home use etc..

I hear that Asus or Abit boards are reliable.

My budget is $500 and I'll need is a Mobo, CPU, at least 1gig ram and
an SATA hard drive.

I realize that this is probably low and would consider $800 if I need
to.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
KC Computers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2005, 10:05 PM
> Can anyone recommend a quality mobo and also what CPU to buy so that I
> can get best bang for buck. I want to use it video and photo editing,
> surfing web, home use etc..
> My budget is $500 and I'll need is a Mobo, CPU, at least 1gig ram and
> an SATA hard drive. I realize that this is probably low and would consider
> $800 if I need


What do you have for a video card?

Intel P4s have typically been slightly faster than AMD CPUs for video
editing.
However, today's Athlon 64s are typically as fast, run cooler and use less
power. A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.

We are a dealer and can help answer any more questions.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: (E-Mail Removed) Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
S.B.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
KC Computers wrote:

> A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
> card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.


What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
with this board?
 
Reply With Quote
 
KC Computers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005, 04:05 PM
> KC Computers wrote:
>> A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
>> card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.

>
> What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
> with this board?


Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.


---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: (E-Mail Removed) Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
CFran
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005, 05:55 PM

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a quality mobo and also what CPU to buy so that I
> can get best bang for buck. I want to use it video and photo editing,
> surfing web, home use etc..
>
> I hear that Asus or Abit boards are reliable.
>
> My budget is $500 and I'll need is a Mobo, CPU, at least 1gig ram and
> an SATA hard drive.
>
> I realize that this is probably low and would consider $800 if I need
> to.


I own an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and a A8N-E and they are cool, but if you
plan on overclocking, be sure to take one with a high CPU core voltage,
cuz with my A8N-E i cant go any further than 1.55 V and thats what
limits me in my overclocking (as normally it should be CPU temperature
that limitates you but there I only can reach 43C because of that)

 
Reply With Quote
 
S.B.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005, 07:57 PM
KC Computers wrote:

> S.B. wrote:
>> KC Computers wrote:


>>> A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
>>> card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.


>> What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
>> with this board?


> Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.


That was someone else. I was wondering if you found the
performance increase of those Athlons doesn't justify the
greater cost.
 
Reply With Quote
 
KC Computers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-01-2005, 11:25 PM
>>>> A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
>>>> card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.
>>> What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
>>> with this board?

>> Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.

> That was someone else. I was wondering if you found the
> performance increase of those Athlons doesn't justify the
> greater cost.


The Athlon 64 3800+ is up to ~10% faster than the 3500+ but it
costs ~40% more which doesn't make it one of the better
values. The same thing applies to the 3700+ and 4000+.
They aren't as good values as the 3200+ and 3500+.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: (E-Mail Removed) Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
metallkopf@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2005, 12:50 AM
KC Computers wrote:
> >>>> A good motherboard choice if you have a PCI Express video
> >>>> card is the A8N-E. The Athlon 64 3200+ or 3500+ are good choices.
> >>> What do you say to the Athlon 64 3700+, 3800+ and 4000+
> >>> with this board?
> >> Those are good choices as well but you said you were on a budget.

> > That was someone else. I was wondering if you found the
> > performance increase of those Athlons doesn't justify the
> > greater cost.

>
> The Athlon 64 3800+ is up to ~10% faster than the 3500+ but it
> costs ~40% more which doesn't make it one of the better
> values. The same thing applies to the 3700+ and 4000+.
> They aren't as good values as the 3200+ and 3500+.
>


Don't buy these shite motherboards (A8N-E) for X2s. I made the mistake
of
buying one and the XP64 won't come out of hibernation on the stupid
thing. Asus
tech support is of no use either.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking of upgrading to AMD x2 3800 and mobo recomendations. No One Realy Abit 2 09-07-2005 04:17 AM
Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed. Son Of Sheep. Overclocking 2 07-19-2005 01:45 PM
Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed. Son Of Sheep. AMD Overclocking 1 07-15-2005 09:50 PM
Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed. Son Of Sheep. Abit 0 07-15-2005 08:07 PM
Mobo needed for MEdia PC need some recomendations. Son Of Sheep. Abit 0 07-14-2005 03:01 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment