Recording as mp3 files, not WAV files

Richard Coleman

Hi all.

I record lots of radio shows from the web (radio margaritaville, live 365,
etc), using my soundblaster live 5.1 card's recorder. The shows are stored
on my hd as WAV files which I then convert to mp3s which I burn onto
rewritable CDs I can listen to while I drive my taxicab. I far and away
prefer my stuff to the crud that broadcast radio offers, and as I spend up
to 18 hours a day driving, listening to music and talk I enjoy makes a big
difference in my day.

Converting the WAV files to mp3s is time and resource consuming. Is there
any way that audio can be recorded and stored directly as mp3 files?

Richard

Sharanga Dayananda

Playcentre can do this.

Just set your recording source to whatever you want. Then in Playcentre
settings set the the recording format to MP3 and select the quality.

Just use the Record button on PlayCentre.

Cheers
Sha

news:(E-Mail Removed)...