Recover the BIOS => Safe Mode Jumper ?

ftzpr-google@yahoo.fr

Hello,

I have msi motherboard card MSI (MS-7301).
Recently, i have upgrade the firmware but i use a bad bios...
So now, the computer doesn't want to start and stay locked on a black
screen with a twinkling cursor...

So i see on the motherboard manual that it should be possible to
recover the bios using the safe mode Jumper...
I have to remove the jumper in order to recover the bios...

So does someone has tryed it yet ?

Else is there an other solution to recover the original bios ?

Thanks.

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have msi motherboard card MSI (MS-7301).
> Recently, i have upgrade the firmware but i use a bad bios...
> So now, the computer doesn't want to start and stay locked on a black
> screen with a twinkling cursor...
>
> So i see on the motherboard manual that it should be possible to
> recover the bios using the safe mode Jumper...
> I have to remove the jumper in order to recover the bios...
>
> So does someone has tryed it yet ?
>
> Else is there an other solution to recover the original bios ?
>
> Thanks.

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/it...ppn=PB35305101

"Recovery
The BIOS attempts to recover the BIOS Configuration.
A recovery diskette is required."

"BIOS recovery jumper (JREC1)

If your BIOS was corrupted in any way, you can reload its values using
a BIOS recovery diskette. This diskette is not delivered with your
computer but may be supplied in certain cases by a support technician.
In this event the support technician will also provide instructions on
how to carry out the procedure."

Hmmm. Looks like you need to get the BIOS file onto a floppy first.
Maybe tech support can help out. The thing is, the BIOS file may
need to be renamed with a particular name. Or be put on the
floppy, along with MSDOS boot files. With the lack of info on the
above pages, it is hard to guess what is the next step.

Paul

bios and safe mode herbzee Abit 1 11-22-2006 05:10 PM
Can't start in Safe Boot (Safe Mode) ryanbuckley@gmail.com Apple 1 07-28-2006 02:03 AM
K8N Neo 4 - BIOS Message - Started in Safe Mode? Bob Huntley MSI 0 04-18-2006 03:52 PM
trouble getting into BIOS and Safe mode KMAN MSI 1 02-20-2006 06:03 PM
A7N8X Deluxe Rev2: BIOS error: System was not correctly shut down.... working in safe mode speed user Asus 2 04-04-2004 01:01 AM