recover deleted items after complete system recovery

undisclosed

Hi, can someone please help me with a huge issue for my notebook. Ther
was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable t
access the internet but the internet icon was showing full conectivity
In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from syste
restore many times to the last option: system recovery and hence go
into a biggg problem on October 30, 2009. Unfortunately we proceede
with that last option without proper backup and now the laptop was as i
"brand new" since it repeated the first steps that were initiated when
bought it. Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope o
recovering my files and pics but dont know how. Please let me know if
have any hope of recovering my lost items and if so, then how. I a
really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much

--
nousheen

Bob Villa

On Jul 17, 2:07*am, undisclosed wrote:
> Hi, can someone please help me with a huge issue for my notebook. There
> was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable to
> access the internet but the internet icon was showing full conectivity.
> In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
> restore many times to the last option: system recovery and hence got
> into a biggg problem on October 30, 2009. Unfortunately we proceeded
> with that last option without proper backup and now the laptop was as if
> "brand new" since it repeated the first steps that were initiated when I
> bought it. Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
> recovering my files and pics but dont know how. Please let me know if I
> have any hope of recovering my lost items and if so, then how. I am
> really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!
>
> --
> nousheen

If you did a quick format it leaves everything...and Windows
interprets it as empty. Some areas are over-written though. You
would still need to pay to recover your files no matter how it was
reinstalled although some re installs retain data on a separate
partition (the OS being on a different one).
You definitely need professional help.

Pen

On 7/17/2010 1:07 AM, undisclosed wrote:
> Hi, can someone please help me with a huge issue for my notebook. There
> was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable to
> access the internet but the internet icon was showing full conectivity.
> In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
> restore many times to the last option: system recovery and hence got
> into a biggg problem on October 30, 2009. Unfortunately we proceeded
> with that last option without proper backup and now the laptop was as if
> "brand new" since it repeated the first steps that were initiated when I
> bought it. Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
> recovering my files and pics but dont know how. Please let me know if I
> have any hope of recovering my lost items and if so, then how. I am
> really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

You may be able to recover a few of your old files that may
not have been overwritten by the restore process. Here are a
few web sites that have some information.

http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/...FQ4Tswod1mz8mA

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/sy...arecovery.HTML

http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php

Richard Bonner

Pen ((E-Mail Removed)) wrote:

> On 7/17/2010 1:07 AM, undisclosed wrote:
> > There was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable
> > to access the internet but the internet icon was showing full
> > conectivity.
> >
> > In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
> > restore many times to the last option: system recovery Unfortunately
> > we proceeded with that last option without proper backup and now the
> > laptop was as if "brand new"
> >
> > Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
> > recovering my files and pics

*** A wise procedure.

> > Please let me know if I have any hope of recovering my lost items
> > and if so, then how.

> You may be able to recover a few of your old files that may
> not have been overwritten by the restore process. Here are a
> few web sites that have some information.

> http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/...FQ4Tswod1mz8mA

> http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/sy...arecovery.HTML

> http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php

If you get a recovery tool, you will need to burn it to a CD/DVD, or
place it on to a flashdrive (or floppy, if your system has a floppy
drive). Don't install it on the laptop because that may overwrite some
of what you want to recover.

Otherwise, I agree with pheeh.zero that you may have to take it to a
professional.

--
Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

Bob Villa

On Jul 17, 2:07*am, undisclosed wrote:
> Hi, can someone please help me with a huge issue for my notebook. There
> was some sort of a problem with my HP laptop where I was unable to
> access the internet but the internet icon was showing full conectivity.
> In order to fix that little problem, we tried everything from system
> restore many times to the last option: system recovery and hence got
> into a biggg problem on October 30, 2009. Unfortunately we proceeded
> with that last option without proper backup and now the laptop was as if
> "brand new" since it repeated the first steps that were initiated when I
> bought it. Since then, almost 9 months, I have not used it in hope of
> recovering my files and pics but dont know how. Please let me know if I
> have any hope of recovering my lost items and if so, then how. I am
> really veryy worried, any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!
>
> --
> nousheen

This is after the fact...but if you don't do back-up and your OS goes
South with valuable files you need to remove and replace the HDD.
Install the OS on the new drive and put the old drive in a USB
enclosure. And, more than likely, you will be able to access and
transfer your files.
(You could also add the old drive as a slave and transfer the files
you need)