Recovery discs

Jim

I recently upgraded my hard drive on an ACER Aspire 3002LCi.

Wanting to make the system a dual boot I tried to activate the recovery
discs. The originals from Acer. No go.

What is the secret to getting them to install? Do I need to have the
contents of the recovery partition in place first?

Wandering

You put your finger on it. The CD simply is a way to access the actual data
stored on the recovery partition. If it is not there, nothing will happen.

You can use disk cloning software like Acronis to copy the original hard
drive to the new one. Then you can adjust partitions and such from the new
drive once it can boot.

Good luck.

news:48cc4a04$0$26942$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently upgraded my hard drive on an ACER Aspire 3002LCi.
>
> Wanting to make the system a dual boot I tried to activate the recovery
> discs. The originals from Acer. No go.
>
> What is the secret to getting them to install? Do I need to have the
> contents of the recovery partition in place first?

doS

uh, no........

"Wandering" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gahk48$klh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You put your finger on it. The CD simply is a way to access the actual
> data stored on the recovery partition. If it is not there, nothing will
> happen.
>
> You can use disk cloning software like Acronis to copy the original hard
> drive to the new one. Then you can adjust partitions and such from the new
> drive once it can boot.
>
> Good luck.
>

> "Jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:48cc4a04$0$26942$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I recently upgraded my hard drive on an ACER Aspire 3002LCi.
>>
>> Wanting to make the system a dual boot I tried to activate the recovery
>> discs. The originals from Acer. No go.
>>
>> What is the secret to getting them to install? Do I need to have the
>> contents of the recovery partition in place first?

Best Buy, Circuit City Reps Pressure Consumers to Buy Unnecessary Recovery Discs useful_infos@yahoo.com Laptops 2 09-01-2007 03:07 AM
Drive can read video/music discs but can't read data discs Bob Weissman HP 1 09-23-2005 01:01 AM
Using recovery discs? ? ? Ray Laptops 2 05-16-2005 12:39 AM
extracting .cab files form HP recovery discs. wax_eagle HP 2 06-07-2004 08:18 PM
set up/recovery discs Sony fixer Laptops 1 08-21-2003 03:19 PM